TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Spider-Man 2
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 06:20 PM UTC
Went tonight with the wife to check out the movie after she kept pestering me to not wait until the first weekend rush was over. lol Man, what a BLAST!

If you liked the first movie, you'll love the second one even more I think. There's more action with some great sequences (the subway sequence is my favorite) and more story this time, don't want to give anything away. If you have the time this weekend, GO SEE IT!
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 06:21 AM UTC
Moe, went to see it opening night. I collected spidey for 16 yrs, so I was kind of concerned. The first one rocked, but this one blew it away! Can't talk much now, but I'll revive this thread tues. when I'm back at work. Excelsior!
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 201 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 12:45 PM UTC
My luverly girlfriend and I just saw the movie today. I liked it although Peter Parker looked like he was going to cry during the whole movie.

One again, I liked the villian more than the hero though.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 11:16 PM UTC
Glad to hear such positive feelings. I have been a Spidey fan since his inception in the early 60's. He always has been my favorite comic book character. (Vampi was a magazine before they made her comic book). Plan to do a matinee this week and have been waiting for months to see this one.
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 12:55 PM UTC
I went to see it at the early matinee before the big get-together with friends tonight, and I absolutely loved it. It was better than the first, though not by much to me, since I really liked the first one as well.
The one thing that the Spidey movies have done better than most superhero movies is find the right balance between action and character development. With these movies you can identify with the characters, but not be bored by all the mundane details of their daily lives and loves.
Also, these movies remember the old axiom that a hero is only as good as his/her villain. If the villains suck (i.e. the last 3 Batman movies) the movie will suck. Despite the (uncalled for, in my opinion) knocks by some fans against the Green Goblin (especially his armor suit) in the first one, he and Doc Ock are memorable, worthy foes for the webhead.
As a long-time (and ongoing) collector of Spider-Man comics, I can fully recommend this movie to anyone who likes the comics, as well as any moviegoer looking for a great summertime movie experience.

Compliments of your friendly neighborhood War Machine!

Sorry. Wrong comicbook.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 06:06 PM UTC
I agree about the villain's, if they suck then the movie will suck. The problems with the Batman movies is they got almost campy, like the TV show IMO. The new Batman movie coming out I hope will be much darker than the last couple and more 'real' which the Spidey movies definitely are.

Yes, these are comic book superhero's but that doesn't mean the stories can't be made 'real' by making them human. The Spidey movies are definitely made real through the character development and we can all relate to a lot of what Peter Parker goes through in his personal life in the story. Add to that Aunt May (Rosemary Harris is wonderful in this role, she's perfect!) and the villains thus far have been outstanding and great FX and you're set.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 03:47 AM UTC
My wife and I went to see Spidey 2 late Friday night. It rocked! I agree with you guys.

What particularly struck me was Tobey Maguire's portrayal and the director's emphasis in this story - you really got the feeling Spider-Man's life sucked. I began to feel for Peter Parker - no wonder he looked like he was going to cry through most of the movie - look at what he was going through.

I also agree with the villans - if they blow so goes the movie - no matter how strong the Hero lead is. I liked the introduction of Doctor Connors, and I liked Doctor Otto Octavius better in live action than the way the animated character came off.

The action sequences were great - so much as to border on being overwhelming and the pace relentless. I really liked the Subway sequence too - especially the ending with Spidey and all the people on the Car.

I read somewhere that there's six movies planned in this series - I'm just wondering how many characters we're going to eventually see on the big screen when this is all over...

Highly recommended even if you're not a die-hard Spidey Fan. Recommended even more if you are a Spidey Fan - because it's fun to see where the movie story deviates from the "traditional" comic book storyline and how the modern-version fills in the blanks.

Gunnie
earwig61
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 188 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 06:12 AM UTC
I loved both Spidey 1 & 2. The initial excitment of Spiderman 1 I will not soon forget. To see my favorite superhero done right on the big screen was incredible. Maybe the sequel was better, but my awe goes to the first Spiderman. It's hard to repeat that.