_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Chat rooms
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:26 PM UTC
Did this site ever have any chat rooms, like some of the internet providers do.

:-[ ] I was wondering if there will ever be a chat room. I think it might help with some quick questions that some people have.

Happy modeling
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:43 PM UTC
Tom,
I am not exactly pro-chat rooms when it comes to discussing the hobby. For one chat is momentary. 2 people carry on a conversation and then it's gone. It doesn't build up any kind of information storehouse.

Also many of the problems we have had in the past were caused by chat. Some people tend to be less civil in a chat room. Not sure why.

There is a "secret" chat room on MSN for Armorama. Somebody will likely give you the URL (I don't know it). I removed the public link to it many month back after losing my patience with the whole chat situation.

Cheers,
Jim
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 02:45 PM UTC
On my profile I have my IM names, feel free to say hi if you see me on line. But I have to be honest, I rarely open AIM or Yahoo messengers.

I agree with Jim on chat rooms, posting here leaves something for others to read, enjoy and learn.

As for speed, I find it amazing how fast any questions I have asked, were answered, by several other members, usually with in the hour, but always with in a day. Certainly faster than my supervisor, or the State. (I work for the State of New Jersey)
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks staff_jim for the armorama site your site has been an inspiration to me and the masses. THANK YOU from the heart

I was just wondering, I like the way the site is setup. I understand about the extra things that that it would take to set it up.

I understand that it helps with long term goals, that if a person wants to find something back years ago said about something then it would be stored. OK.

Thats what I love about this site there is so much info, that if you apply the resources offered here you could become a great modler.

Thanks For the reply.

Happy Modeling
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 02:47 AM UTC
You will have to apply...its just a formality....but the armorama chat is on MSN...at..

http://groups.msn.com/ARMORAMA/CHAT

please join in.
There are quite a few modelers that really know their stuff in the room from time to time...we're always there during the week tradeing info, links and generally just prying into each others personal business..hehe

come play....

Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 05:42 AM UTC
I got an idea.

Theres this thing called Teamspeak 2

It lets you talk to many people at the same time
ill be willing to host a server!
 _GOTOTOP