_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Great question !
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 12:41 AM UTC
Hey Everybody,

Good for you. We've had a great debate on our hobby with respect and enthusiasm.

Some say they build as accurately as possible out of respect for those who served. Agree.

Some say they build just for pleasure and I agree.

Many said they build for accuracy for contests or when that's what they want to do, and build for fun or even fantasy when the mood strikes them. Yep. I agree. Different strokes (or airbrushing) for different folks.

Nobody outright criticized someone else's beliefs, yet expressed their own. Don't you lust love this web-site? Again, I AGREE!!!

Sealhead
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 05:13 AM UTC
Richard,
you are absolutely right. So I'll move the focus not on who judges that of course cannot know everything, but on the modeller. I mean he spent lots of time, lots of money and lots of effort; could he spend a couple of hours researching?
Ciao
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 05:43 AM UTC
I know excatly what you mean Fabio..I have wanted to pull my hair out looking at some dio's ..especially as you say he doesn't sound like a beginner ..he should know better... I have seen things that make me want to bang my head on a wall ,but I judge for what is there and when the judging is over I find the person who did the dio and talk him through his mistakes ..Some take it well ..others well ... you know how it can be.. :-)
I'll say like you a book is never wasted always room for one more on my shelf.

Rick
 _GOTOTOP