_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Alanger products
kwp427
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 08:55 AM UTC
I was wondering if anyone has ever bought any kits from a company named Alanger?
I was just on the web site and some of the kits look pretty good,price wise and how much you get in them.
I don't know about the quality of the kits that they sell,I have never bought any. They seem to have quite a few kits to choose from.
kwp427 (kevin)
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 09:22 AM UTC
Looks like they re-box ICM kits under their label. If you are interested in something, you ought to try to find a review of the ICM kit of the same item.

For instance, Alanger sells the ICM Soviet 100mm field gun BS-3.

I found this review over on Missing Links: http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/russia/icm35141.htm SOunds pretty good for a $5 kit!

viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 09:45 AM UTC
I thought that ICM went out of business.

The gentleman that owns Alanger bought their molds and now reboxes them under the Alanger name and still has some in the ICM name as well...I don't know if he owns the ICM name or not.

He is also a US distributor for Eastern Express and as well as PST kits.

They have some nice armor and aircraft kits. Do a search and look for some reviews....these are not Tamiya, Trumpeter or Hasagawa kits....but they are of subjects that no one else does!!

Alanger

And....55% off the regular price until the end of the month.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 03:36 PM UTC
I buy from Max all the time, can't beat his prices, and the package is at my house with in a week, and he throws in a free kit if your order is large enough.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 11:17 PM UTC
I received great service from Alanger. They are located in the Boston area and I got my items in a couple of days (Lexington-Concord area). Shipping is very reasonable, $5 for the first item and 25¢ for each additional item.
kwp427
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 26 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 09:53 AM UTC
Thanks for the info guys.
I was looking at the site and saw a couple of kits that looked pretty good,but wasen't sure of the quality as i never saw them before.
I'll probably order them in a few days since there is a sale going on now, but have no idea when i'll get around to building them.
kwp427 (kevin)
Cactus911
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 02:09 AM UTC
The PST tanks are great kits. The field guns I found had a lot of flash on them, which was crippling given their overall tubular shapes. Not a problem on a ISU-152!

I highly recommend those kits.

Stephen
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
entire network: 705 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 09:32 AM UTC
If you have experience with East European kits, these won't present any difficulty, some are better and some are worse.
LogansDad
Visit this Community
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 05:57 AM UTC
I must say that despite all of the favorable press given to this company and its owner, I am quite disappointed. After noticing the Sale advertised, I went to Alanger to check the offerings. Despite SWMBO's injunctions on new kits (research, honey- Honest!) I decided that the german tank crew & riders, along w/the 1:72 T-54& T-55 were a bargain at the prices listed. however, when I atempted to check out an error message was diplayed. Tried 6 times- no joy. I immediately E-mailed the site contact for help in solving this problem. No reply, then or now. Tried again on 06/30, to catch the sale end. At this point, the checkout screen was~404 error file not found~. Really not expecting this, after the favorable reviews from some of our more forthright members. Any of those of you who have regular commerce with this gentleman think you can get him to extend his sale for those of us who were locked out of it? I don't seem worthy of a reply ...
Cactus911
Visit this Community
entire network: 119 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 04:58 PM UTC
It's not a big deal. I get the sense it is a small time operation, so bad things happen once in a while. On the bright side, there are semi-permanent sales all the time. If you join the site, you get a further discount. They are a low-cost outfit, so you shouldn't expect so much from their customer service. If they blow up once in a while, just wait a few days and it should be back together again. The wait will be worth it if you get some of those fine PST tanks for relative pennies on cost and shipping...

Stephen
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 03:26 PM UTC
Bob, email Max, about the problem,
He has a problem with that page every now and then, and tries to get it straightened out as soon as he finds out, Last time were the dates you mentioned. (I had the same problem) I emailed him, and he emailed me back and asked for my phone number so he could call and do my order over the phone.

As someone else said, if you are into eastern european kits, you can't beat his prices. But if you are looking for a tamihasgawDml kit you will be disappointed. In pain English, he doesn't have any shake and bake kits.
 _GOTOTOP