_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Superglue problem
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 10:35 PM UTC
I'm one of those model builders who needs three hands most of the time. As nature only saw fit to give me two I have a terrible habbit of holding small parts between my teeth for a second or two, whilst my hands are occupied.
Today I stupidly held a part that had superglue on it. You can guess the rest. I've got the part off but can feel a fair sized bit of dried superglue on the surface of one of my teeth, it feels really rough.
Anyone got any suggestions on removing it without damaging the tooth?
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:57 AM UTC
:-)

I haven't a clue but you made me laugh!! I guess it will dissappear after a while with normal brushing..

Rick
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 04:42 AM UTC
i suggest going to the dentist
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 04:52 AM UTC
I second the motion on the dentist! (But at the same time glad it wasn't me and have to explain what happened...)

Before I got out of the habit, I have at times tapped the end of my pencil on my lips while thinking. This was even the case with paintbrushes, but it didn't take too many paintloads of oil paint to get me out of the habit...
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 06:42 AM UTC
well, like my dad i have bad habbits with airbrushes, once i was trying ot clean my nozzle and got a taste of thinner...isnt so good, and i still do it once in a while by accident.

i sugest the dentist also...give him a 30 min laught, its good for his health lol

Frank
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 489 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 06:50 AM UTC
That's not so bad. We had a guy at work who was using an air brush with a two stage trigger to spray primer on the truck bodies. He pulled the trigger and nothing happened. He didn't realize that he had to pull it back farther. He figured that someting was plugging the tip. Well, he turned the gun to face himself and squeezed the trigger, I don't know why, but this time he pulled it far enough to spray. He had to go to the hospital but he was ok ... no loss of sight. I know what you are thinking but it wasn't me .
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 07:13 AM UTC
Well a trip to the dentist can't, I was going to say hurt, but that's not correct! I gues it's not a bad idea, but you'll have to pay, or do you have that covered over there?
Anyway, if you can;t get in quickly, CA have very little shear strength, meaning it breaks off easily when pressure is applied laterally. Try eating a crisp apple, potato chips, the crispy round kind, not the long type of fish and chips fame, nuts, or other crunchy food. Maybe some sticky, chewy caramel, and chew where the glue is. This might dislodge it.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 07:48 AM UTC
LOL LMAO.....
Thanks for the laugh, it won't kill you, and will eventually wear off..... or you could pay the dentist to bust out laughing also, although you probaly aren't the first to do this...... Just the first to post it...... LOL......

I persosnally have saved a few trips to the ER, buy using CA, LOL LMAO
hworth18
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 426 Posts
KitMaker Network: 60 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 01:40 PM UTC
You know, they actually make a second set of hands.. They are called "c-l-a-m-p-s" and can be bought at any hobby or hardware shop..
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 02:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Try eating a crisp apple, potato chips, the crispy round kind, not the long type of fish and chips fame, nuts, or other crunchy food. Maybe some sticky, chewy caramel, and chew where the glue is. This might dislodge it.

lol, wont that be eating the glue too?

i guess thats a more inexpensive way!
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:26 PM UTC
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've tried eating some raw carrots and it seems to have removed a lot of it. I guess the rest will wear off in time.
 _GOTOTOP