TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Star Trek: Nemisis Trailer
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 07:12 AM UTC
I went to see K-19 today (OK film) and there was a trailer for the Star Trek: Nemisis trailer. There looks to be dune buggy type Star Trek vehicles, much like FAVs and a scene where one jumps off the side of a cliff and into the back of a new type of shuttle craft. This "shuttle/fighter" also does an Anakin Skywalker inside the enemy ship and navigates through the passageways. Looks to be a very exciting movie with more of a Star Wars flavor than the traditional Star Trek movie. The bad guys resemble the bad guys from Dune.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 07:25 PM UTC
Rob,
Saw the trailer before MIB II, was it your impression the baddies were supposed to be Romulans too?
I'm not too much of a Trek freak, but do try a bit to keep up.

Bring back the Borg!

Hopefully they won't go as far into the "Lets throw a bunch of exciting chases and battles together and call it a movie" style of film making as Star Wars has lately.

Mike
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 11:47 PM UTC
I saw the trailer online. Not as nice as the theater viewing I'm sure.

I too was confused about the villians shown. They are so obviously NOT Romulans but all the press stuff about the movie says that the villians of this flick are Romulans. I'm befuddled.

It did look "exciting" though! Of course the Insurrection trailer also looked like an action ride and it still came off a bit too cerebral (although I liked it).

We do have the Even Number rule going in our favor with this one though.

Cheers,
Jim
Awall
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 63 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 12:15 AM UTC
It's good to hear that Star Trek may be a little more exciting. It needs it. Especially after the last two. Maybe this will revive it.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 01:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Saw the trailer before MIB II, was it your impression the baddies were supposed to be Romulans too?

Mike, I got that impression too, especially from the "bird of prey" type symbol in the Nemisis title. But the bald heads and black vinyl made it look a lot "Dune-ish".
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 01:32 AM UTC
Got me wondering too. The "bird of prey" in the logo is indeed holding Romulus and Remus in its talons - and Paramount is still alluding to the Romulans as the central bad guys.

Maybe these are "new-look" Romulans - like they did with the Klingons in ST:TMP. Remember how the role playing games scrambled and tried to come up with an explanation to why these Klingons looked so drastically different from the late John Colicos and his buddies from the original TV Series? They called this new breed "Imperial Klingons" for a while there...

Gunnie
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 09:05 AM UTC
[quote]Got me wondering too. The "bird of prey" in the logo is indeed holding Romulus and Remus in its talons - and Paramount is still alluding to the Romulans as the central bad guys.

Maybe these are "new-look" Romulans - like they did with the Klingons in ST:TMP. Remember how the role playing games scrambled and tried to come up with an explanation to why these Klingons looked so drastically different from the late John Colicos and his buddies from the original TV Series? They called this new breed "Imperial Klingons" for a while there...

/quote]

yeah, the hollyweird versions of the "new"Klingons took a bit of getting used to..
I'd love it if they could stay somewhat true to the orig series +Next Gen with their baddies rather than inventing a brand new bunch of guys from a pretty crowded populated universe..

I'll still see it either way.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 09:19 AM UTC
The Dunish looking baddies are not Romulans, they're Remens

Go here and look at the picture: Cool Picture
For those of you who are wondering what the image is, it is the bird-of-prey holding two planets (Romulus and Remus) in it's talons.