_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
tip: cats and models rarely mix
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2002 - 12:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You don't have your dawg anymore cdave?

Hey Jim,

No, with the new job (check the profile) I travel. With the EX gone, I have no time for her and no one to watch her. Was very fortunate to find a family that was looking for a lab. While heart breaking, it was for the best.

Come up sometime and see the collection growth!

Dave
(That AMPS dude)

I haven't had pets around for over 10 years - can't keep 'em because I get too attached. I got all broken-up when my hamster died - couldn't imagine giving up or losing a cat or dog.

Gunnie
mihaip
Visit this Community
Romania
entire network: 45 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2002 - 03:38 PM UTC
Fortunatelly, my cat (Pepe) fully understands tha models are fragile and small partsc can be easely get lost/swallen and others can be brogen.

He likes to smell the closed paint jars but that's it. He seems to like my work since he spends a lot of time watching me from a reasonable distance.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2002 - 07:47 PM UTC
After finding that my wife's cat (note: not MY cat..) was channeling the spirt of Sir Issac Newton. (and trying most everything short of actaully electrically charging the surface)

-picture cat sitting at edge of model table, slowly taping a sub assembly or bottle of paint toward the edge, one last tap, bit falls off, cat looks over as if to confirm "yup grivity works"-

A quick trip to wallyworld, small supersoaker, bottle of fizzy water.. pour b into a, place a in fridge.. wait for cat..

pump up soaker, aim for the base of the tail.. ZAP.. instant feline levitation!

After a time or two, the cat would jump down when I started to pump the gun, after that all I had to do would be pick it up and rattle-shake the soaker..

Sorry if I offend any kitty lovers out there, but the furball only understands superior force.

not a cat lover...
Mike
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2002 - 10:26 PM UTC
As my idol and hero, Snoopy, stated, "Cats are the crabgrass in the lawn of life". I told my family, I am out voted 5-1 concerning the cat (nicknamed "Butt-Head), that the cat had to lose the front claws if it was to stay in house. At least she can't climb the curtains or get on top of shrunk (large wall unit) where my beer stein collection resides. The cat has learned to stay away from my work area.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 02:34 AM UTC
#:-) Our cat BOB, or "BOBZILLA" as I call him, has figured out how to open the sliding door to my modelling room. I had one of those tank barriers from Tamiya (looks like a big X) on a diorama and he started playing fussball with it. Oh well my models can be replaced...my cat can't. CATS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mihaip
Visit this Community
Romania
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 01:53 AM UTC
Well.... anti-cat panzer, electric fence (24 volts would be enough?)...

I know .... get a bird in a cage or a mouse... your cat will not be so interested in those plastics any more
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 06:29 AM UTC
#:-) Our cat doesn't mess around with birds and stuff...he likes HUMAN legs. You have to be careful walking through the house.....sometimes he pounces on your leg.... and draws blood. My wife would like to get him de-clawed..I don't have the heart to...they say in order to de-claw a cat they need to cut off the first joint on the paw......no thanks...UNLESS HE DOES SOME REAL DAMAGE...then OFF WITH HIS PAWS!!!!
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,745 Posts
KitMaker Network: 221 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 07:02 AM UTC
Hmm this should be interesting when I move into an new apartment with my GF and our 3 cats....I have to see if they take a liking to destorying my models instead of the Furnture
mihaip
Visit this Community
Romania
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 09:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My wife would like to get him de-clawed..I don't have the heart to...they say in order to de-claw a cat they need to cut off the first joint on the paw......no thanks

Why don't you cut his nails just as you cut your nails. No, serious. I do this to my cat and no more scratches or furniture damage. Once every couple of weeks, using an ordinary nail scissor (sorry, I don't know the exact english word for this).

Even though the cat meows and cries, it doesn't hurt at all.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 02:47 AM UTC
Hi Mihai...Say that 10 times fast...I'll try the nail clippers...BUT...if I lose my arm in the process you'll have to buy me a new one LOL thanks for the tip.
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 05:15 AM UTC
I ended a live in relationship with an old girlfriend when her cat ate my Leopard 1A4. She just didn't get it. My wife and I currently have a dog who chewed up the glacis plate on my113 A2. For those who want to know why I now have a Tamiya front end on my TUA.
lightningdon
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
entire network: 79 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 08:43 AM UTC
2 Cats. Beaker(he has a big pointy nose), and Geordi. Geordi plays fetch for hours on end. Beaker just lays on my lap all the time. Gets hard to type with him on my lap. Neither are allowed in the shop. I don't know how I could get through the day without the little guys.

Timberwolf... my string incident has yours beat! I found it as it came out the OTHER end! I'm like 'What the Hell is that cat trailing down the hall!" Yuck! #:-)

Bodeen, you can buy caps for the cat's claws. Glue them on with CA. They last for a few weeks, till the cat sheds his claws.

Don
 _GOTOTOP