_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What happens to your finished models??
Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:58 AM UTC
All my models are under glass. Over the years dust will destroy a model's finish if not protected.

Cody
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:57 PM UTC
Well, I'm in this for the hunt so to speak. I love the hobby for the build and trophy. I build build build, then I take a bunch of photos and store and print those.
The end result gets displayed on shelves throughout my house. Some better than others, some collecting dust (to thier detrament).

I show them off as quickly as I can and dispaly them for as long as I can. I realize that eventually dust and age will catch up to them and they will go TU. I have the pictures to show off.

I will 'fight' to keep all of my models on display in the house somewhere. My B36 bit the dust a few weeks ago, (cleaning accident by the kids ).

I dust them and take care of them as best I can with gentle brushing and gentle air blowing.

PS I have at minimum 50 unbuilt kits and that's a SMALL number compared to some here.
SgtDinkyduck
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 249 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 04:54 PM UTC
i do what was previously posted by another,

i have a glass plate on the coffee table, where i display my recently finished model, then when i finish another one, i rotate the previous one to a shelf in the living room, from there it eventualy rotates up into the office where it is permanantly till i run out of shelving, or they get destroyed (damn cats)
Bishop
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 05:34 PM UTC
Well, you guys seem to have about the same plan i do...just gonna use up all the shelves in my house till my wife starts yellin at me....heh.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2004 - 03:34 AM UTC
Dunno, haven't really finished one. I will probably get some more shelves up... the ones I put up in my office for displaying finished kits somehow got filled up with the overflow from my stash....
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2004 - 03:53 AM UTC
Mine varies. I have an office at home and so I bought a curio cabinet to house some of them. That quickly filled up. I also have a library set up in one of our extra bedrooms and so some are on shelves there. Finally, I have a couple at work in my office.

A few years ago I moved across the country. I took that opportunity to give some of my work to people who would appreciate it. Sometimes now I also build for other people. But I make sure those models get the rounds to the competitions before I give them up. And all are photographed for posterity.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2004 - 08:30 AM UTC
I have one room I put wall to wall shelves on. Problem is, I've been filling it up with 350 scale ships. I've rearranged book and models a couple of times and am getting ready to do it again. PLus I have 3 shelves of unbuilt models I could store elsewhere, so I am good to go for another yar or 2...still have 2 1:350 ships left to build with 2 more planned buys (Nimitz and Liberty ship)
 _GOTOTOP