_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Windshield problems!!
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
entire network: 705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:34 PM UTC
I was just finishing up my GAZ-67 and had to airbrush some stuff that was already on the car. I masked the entire vehicle and when I was applying the flat coat, the tape came off and the flat coat sprayed all over the windshield. The only way out of this situation that I can think of is to spray mud/dust all over the windshield. My question is, what color should I use to just lightly cover up this mess? The thing is, I didn't want to use mud on this vehicle except on the undercarrige; I know some people use buff, dust or smoke for this kind of effect but I have never used this. I want a color just to spray the windshield - not the whole car and I think PollyS Mud will look just too right on the dark green.
Please somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:51 PM UTC
You could wet sand the windshield with 1500 grit sand paper and then with 2000 grit sand paper. After you have wet sanded, gloss cote the windshield again to remove the haze of tiny scratches from the wet sanding. This should make it perfectly clear. I have fixed watch faces, model auto windshields, and aircraft canopies this way. Good luck.
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
entire network: 705 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:58 PM UTC
19k, your method is great except I already fixed the windshield to the vehicle and added other parts to it - it's just too much work and time to redo this.
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:31 PM UTC
Yes, it would be very painstaking to try to do it while attached. It would be very hard to get the pressure needed to make the sanding effective without busting it loose.
 _GOTOTOP