_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Original Ranks? Where art thou?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:58 PM UTC
Where has the original ranks went too?? I can't see them in the ranks list. I still love the original ones.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 01:38 AM UTC
The original default rank we started with began with "Base Visitor", then through some US Army enlisted ranks and ended in the US Army officer ranks.

Then Jim started optional enlisted rank structures using E-1 through E-9 for US Army, US Navy, USAF and USMC.

Because of this, some US Army enlisted ranks were duplicated. A staff sergeant using the enlisted rank option had a different amount of posts than a staff sergeant using the default rank. This confused a few members who were using other enlisted ranks (USN, USAF, USMC) because the E-rank didn't equate when comparing their enlisted rank with the default officer/enlisted rank structure.

To remedy this, Jim reconfigured the default rank structure to only include officer ranks. Because a half dozen or so enlisted ranks were deleted from the lower half of the default officer/enlisted ranks, the promotion point changed. Fewer ranks equal more posts per rank/promotion.

Now it takes more posts to get more rank in the officer structure.

PFC still exists, but only in the US Army enlisted rank structure and not in the default rank structure.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 01:41 AM UTC
Oh well, one policy I know here in Armorama is: change is good, change is good, change is good, change is good, change is good, change is good, change is good, change is good, change is good

Thanks for clearing it up!!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 04:34 AM UTC
The original rank system was enlisted thru officer. Since we have many new ranks that are split up (enlisted/officer), my plan was to always divide the original ranks as well and convert the default ranks to US Army Officer ranks. This has been done. The images were also replaced with the shoulder board type insignia.

Jim
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 05:00 AM UTC
Hey Jim - why not make up your own "armorama rank" ensignia... kinda like the Klingon and Confederation ranks... you could just create your own "army" and accompanying rank insignia... just a fun thought...

(of course, I'm gonna also continue to bug ya about US Navel Officer rank as well

Keith
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 06:53 AM UTC
I was HEAVILY busted in rank, I was a major general, now a lowly colonel!
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,936 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 06:58 AM UTC
Officers don't get "busted" they get "Rifted". :-)
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 01:24 PM UTC
Just think of it this way we're allat our permanent ranks now . gives us incentive to add to the site.

shiryon
 _GOTOTOP