_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Military Hobbies
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 330 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 01:45 AM UTC
Have any of you purchased from Military Hobbies of Canada? With the exchange rate with the US dollar might be able to save a couple of bucks.

Ron C.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 01:47 AM UTC
Yes, as a matter of fact, I just got the Aber PE set for my R/C 1/16 Tiger. Great service, free delivery over $100 I think. And I got a free Verlinden catalog for an order over $50.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 01:48 AM UTC
Not I. I've seen them many times, mostly to use as a price comparison. Never took into consideration the exchange rate...till now.
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 02:21 AM UTC
I checked out a couple of kits, didn't buy anything. One kit was $14. US, $22, Canadian and I priced it at Great Models for $16. Mostly likely the rate of exchange won't make any difference, you'll pay the same as you would in the states anyway.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 02:48 AM UTC
I purchased a couple of items. Got them safely and swifty. No problems.

Gunnie
dls475
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 03:50 AM UTC
If you are in Canada it doesn't make sense to buy from anywhere else. I can't comment on the U.S. or Overseas though. I buy all my kits at M.H. now. It is a very easy to navigate menu system, competitive prices (in Canada anyway), and free shippping in Canada.
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2002 - 07:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I purchased a couple of items. Got them safely and swifty. No problems.

Just like Gunnie, I didnīt have problems and I consider them my source for buying kit, overseas!
HTH
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 02:20 AM UTC
It's hard to switch from somebody you know. I've been buying from Squadron for over 20 years and Great Models for about a year. Not having any local hobby shops in my area, mail order is the only way to go.
Once in awhile my wife and I will take an hour ride to the local hobby shop. Lucky for me there is a Michaels craft store that she likes and she can leave me in the hobby shop. She leaves me but takes my credit cards!
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 03:04 AM UTC
I'm kind of like you, unless I can't get it from Squadron, I'll order from someone else. I did to a "test" of Squadron vs. Model Expo on RMS a while back. I will track down the thread and re-post the results here. Model Expo has some great deals on occasion and that's when I order from them. Usually the 75Ē to a dollar that another online seller has cheaper doesn't make me want to send my money to an unknown. Besides, when I place an order with Squardon, it's usually one of many and therefore, placing a second order with the cheaper seller would cost more (adding a second shipping charge) than adding the item to my Squadron order. Plus I've been using SMO for 14 years and have never had a problem, and when I did (they sent the wrong "In Action" book), they let me keep the wrong one and sent me the right one. Although Model Expo also did the same thing. Just my 2Ē worth.
 _GOTOTOP