_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hobby Lobby sale
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2004 - 10:31 AM UTC
Im not 100% positive that all Hobby Lobby locations will have thier 1/2 sale on models, but I do know that my store is having a 1/2 off sale on all models starting June 14-19. I am pretty sure that the other stores will have it the same week since it will be Hobby Lobby's anniversery. That is all.

Oh and one more thing. There are some aircraft kits that are being deleted, as in when its gone its gone. This may vary from store to store as well but the kits that are being deleted are: Accurate Miniatures 1/48 B-25C/D, Academy 1/35 UH-1C Huey, and I believe the INEX or IMEX whatever it is 1/35 AH-64D is on the list too.
SgtDinkyduck
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 249 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2004 - 11:22 AM UTC
thanks, ill keep my eyes open, i need a sherman and a king tiger, and my local hobby lobby has one great stock amount on both
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 201 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2004 - 11:24 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads up, Whiskey. We have a Hobby Lobby nearby and I've been frusrated by the prices a couple of times. I don't vent on the poor little cashier girl though about how so many of their models are cute little cars instead of armor.
Tony_Frey
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 272 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2004 - 01:28 PM UTC
This is good to know, thanks for the info, Whiskey!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2004 - 01:44 PM UTC
Thanks for the heads up Whiskey. I've been checking the ad every week hoping they'd have one for Father's Day. I'm hoping to get the Pershing and Early Production Sherman this time. I may even pick up two of each, one for building and one for trading.

Crossing my fingers and waiting for the ad to hit.

Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2004 - 02:33 PM UTC
Thanks for the Hobby Lobby tip. Hope the dates are National because of their anniversary. But, their last 1/2 off sale got by me, because it was different weeks in different parts of the country.
So, modelers near Hobby Lobbys. Check their website and Sunday flyers and in-store specials and remember, they are closed Sunday, one of the very few big box stores that do this.

Sealhead
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 07:20 AM UTC
Whiskey,

Guess I may see you there next week. Come to the Shoney's on US 70, between Hwy 96 and US 231, at 7 PM. The model club will be in the back room.

Ranger
Shark
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 07:56 AM UTC
yeah they are. i work at a hobby lobby in indianapolis.
SgtDinkyduck
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 04:50 PM UTC
so ill ask the question.

on the weekly specials of hte web site, i see 1/2 off "decorative planes, trains, and automobiles." are these the models?
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 489 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 05:08 PM UTC
I don't think so. Those would be the items that are the ceramic or cast iron etc. artistic pieces that are made to look antique. When the models go on sale it should read 1/2 off plastic models. At least it did the last time they were 1/2 price at my local store.... about two years ago!
SgtDinkyduck
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 05:13 PM UTC
cool thanks
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 05:33 PM UTC
U lucky guys...here at hobby shops prices always get a raise and never a discount !!!!!!
SgtDinkyduck
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 05:38 PM UTC
someone buy this guy some kits and mail them to him. I would , but all of my kits are purchased through change i save throught the months.

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 02:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Whiskey,

Guess I may see you there next week. Come to the Shoney's on US 70, between Hwy 96 and US 231, at 7 PM. The model club will be in the back room.

Ranger

Hey!!...sounds great!...Can I come too Ranger??........oops, darn, Tennessee huh?...........wish you guys were closer.

to Whiskey: As usual, thx for the heads up. I have dropped your moniker to others here on site telling them to check with you about the HL sales.....apparently you haven't forgotten us either!

to HalfYank: If you don't pick up all the Tammy 'early' Sherman's down there in the Spring's, you better go back the next day......otherwise I'll drive down there and scoop 'em up!

to Everyone: Our good member SgtDinkyduck brings up a very good point........I don't know about all of your respective neighbourhoods, but I have found (because I've done the traveling a time or two) that as has already been said, each Hobby Lobby has it's own......' variation' of stocked model kits. One store has this, the other store that.
Anyway......and it's just a thought mind you (this is the point where you can all jump on my case), since we are all kind of a 'family' here, why couldn't we take advantage of this "National Sale" and simply pick up kits for both ourselves as well as each other??

O.K......had enough time to think that one over?
Good.

I for one don't mind in the least picking up a kit for one of you. With any luck at all, at least some of you feel the same way?

What I'm talking about is a (somewhat) pre-arranged exchange system shared amoungst the lot of us.
Just CO-OP buying folks.........whadaya think?
This would really help those of us who DO NOT have a Hobby Lobby nearby.
This is just a bleary mind fart on my part, but it still feels like it has some merit.........

...hopefully this might work for some.

Tread.

And just to 'prime' this thing......at my local HL's it seems are all out of Tamiya Sherman 'Jumbo' kits.
I like to use the Jumbo's tracks (with grouser's), but am curious how many of the other pieces/parts are valuable in my parts box.
Any Shermanoholics out there got any input??
SgtDinkyduck
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 04:18 PM UTC
well, im lucky enough to have three hobby lobbys in my general area, one on my way out of boulder where i work, and two within two miles of my house, ive been to the one near work, and one north of my place, they have a limited selection, some early shermans, some 105mm shermans, king tiger, panther, umm.. a few jeeps, the one near bolder has 2 m-26 recovery vehicles. some flakwagens and the rest i cant think of.

as i said earlyer im short on cash this month, but anytime else i would love to help get kits to people that cant get to a hobby lobby when there are sales.
Bishop
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 10:04 PM UTC
Tell you what, I gotta hobby lobby down the road, and tho I cant tell you everything they have from memory, I will swing by on friday and make a note of what they do have as far as armor (since that is their smallest category of course) I will post my findings this weekend, and if you guys want something let me know. Long as you pay shipping I am all for the co-op!
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 12:32 AM UTC
First, let me confirm that the ad for "decorative" planes, etc. does NOT include models as I checked yesterday.

Secondly, Hobby Lobby, for better or worse, has a larger selection of military models than Michaels, who has mostly cars, though I love Michael 40% and 50% off coupons every week.

Finally, I, too will work with anyone that doesn't have a Hobby Lobby nearby. Tell me what you want. Let me see if they carry it, and I can send it to you for cost plus postage on the honor system. I'm near Kansas City, so I am somewhat centrally located.

Sealhead
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 678 Posts
KitMaker Network: 194 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:46 AM UTC
I have several Hobby Lobbys in close range here in Houston. I would also be willing to join in the Hobby Lobby Half Price Buying Co-op. I will double check the closest store today, but they usually have (at the beginning of the sale) the King Tiger Ardennes, Early Sherman, Sherman 105, Panther G late, the British Quad truck and 25 pounder, Marder III (not the M), the old Panther A and the Trumpeter modern armor knock-offs, plus some others. I would be willing to either send them at cost plus actual postage or do a trade.

Keith
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 03:21 AM UTC
I have a Lob 5 minutes from the office. I've sent kits to members in the past at cost plus postage.. I'll try to shoot down there Monday as well and compile a list, too. Seems the selection does not vary much from store to store.
So this is going to be the base thread for the Hobby Lobby Buying Co-op? Tread, do you want to start a new thread and layout the plan? I suspect there are a lot of members out there who won't read this thread because they don't have a Hobby Lobby nearby.

Just a thought.
Shaun
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 678 Posts
KitMaker Network: 194 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 03:48 AM UTC
I agree with Shaun, we should probably start a new thread that would attract the attention of those people who would not pay attention to these Hobby Lobby sales. Also, make it clear that, when there is say, a King Tiger Ardennes available, that frequently means one per store.

Keith
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you don't pick up all the Tammy 'early' Sherman's down there in the Springs, you better go back the next day......otherwise I'll drive down there and scoop 'em up!

Yeah right. You'll be able to spot me, I'll be the one turning blue from holding my breath. You keep talking about coming down here, but I never see you. :-)

I've got three H.Ls in Colorado Springs, plus one about 45 minutes away in Pueblo. My only problem is my car, not the most reliable in the world. I'd be happy to help out anybody who needs a kit or two.

Each store has slightly different stock, but generally there are very similar. I know mostly about the armor and ships, but if anybody wants a wingy thingy I'll look also.

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 01:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

If you don't pick up all the Tammy 'early' Sherman's down there in the Springs, you better go back the next day......otherwise I'll drive down there and scoop 'em up!

Yeah right. You'll be able to spot me, I'll be the one turning blue from holding my breath. You keep talking about coming down here, but I never see you. :-)

I've got three H.Ls in Colorado Springs, plus one about 45 minutes away in Pueblo. My only problem is my car, not the most reliable in the world. I'd be happy to help out anybody who needs a kit or two.

Each store has slightly different stock, but generally there are very similar. I know mostly about the armor and ships, but if anybody wants a wingy thingy I'll look also.

LMAO....Lmao...lmao..... :-) :-) :-) ...thx for the nice deep chuckle Rodge'!......ahhhhhhhh, I needed that.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. ( ).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the response to a suggestion that has kindness and sharing at it's core when tossed on the table in front of you lot!......

I'm genuinely glad you guys approve. And, based upon your inputs, I will indeed start a 'proper' thread that hopefully attracts those who would be best served by it.
Just need to think up a Topic Title that will lure 'em in....

Tread.

P.S........so HalfYank, by your posted demure, I can only come to the conclusion that our good SgtDinkyduck will 'cover my back' in regards to cleaning the shelfs of the local HL's down there in the 'Springs!! ....heheheh...

...and here you were wanting some Sherman 'earlies'....tsk, tsk, tsk...... :-)
Bishop
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:05 PM UTC
Just a heads up, i posted my hobby lobby recon list in the new thread about the "hobby lobby co-op"
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 01:11 AM UTC
It official! Half off plastic models at Hobby Lobby. Starts Monday. Anybody want me to do anything?

Sealhead
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 03:29 AM UTC
Well like I posted in the other post,

I am looking for the PL NX-01 Enterprise, someone said their HL had them, also looking for Dragon's 1/35 Sherman Firefly, depending on the price.

I am in Canada....but thats not a problem, I can send you a money order in US funds....been buying from Ebay members in the US the same way for years with no problems.....and my feedback is a perfect 43 and 0

Let me know if you are interested in helping me out.

_GOTOTOP