Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
Getting in touch with Army buddies
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 201 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 03:55 AM UTC
Hello gentlemen.

I'm ex Army and was a Chaplain Assistant. Stop booing and hissing back there!!

My units were:

HHB DivArty, 25th INF Div (Light)
Schofield Bks, HI

HHD 324 FSB, 24th INF Div (Mech)
Ft. Benning, GA

HHC 2-327th INF, 101st Airborne (AASLT)
Ft. Campbell, KY

Any tips on getting in touch with friends I had while in the Army?

Thanks!
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 06:14 AM UTC
Try registering on Classmates.com. I've hooked up with a few old buddies that way.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 07:32 AM UTC
Hook up with the 25th IDF web site.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 12:17 PM UTC
Got me wondering, Hiram -- you say where but not when. My Dad was in the 25th ID DIVARTY in Cu Chi in 1969. Probably a little before your time, but I think Animal was over there then.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 03:01 PM UTC
I left CuChi in Sep 1968. I spent 13 months there and the surrounding area.
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:33 AM UTC
Go to Army Knowledge Online (AKO). You will have to register, but they have a white pages where you can enter their name, branch of service, etc., and if they have an AKO address (which all current active soldiers are required to have) they will pop up. If they are out of the service, but are receiving education benefits they should still be listed. Try "https://www.us.army.mil/portal/portal_home.jhtml"

Jeff
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:40 AM UTC
Hiram,
Ok, you have had to be with the 324th between 91 and 98, something like that. after Desert Storm and before the 3rd ID took over.

I was with B Co 324th between 94 to 95. Did you go with us to Saudia Arabia and Kuwait for Operation Vigilant Warrior?
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 02:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hiram,
Ok, you have had to be with the 324th between 91 and 98, something like that. after Desert Storm and before the 3rd ID took over.

I was with B Co 324th between 94 to 95. Did you go with us to Saudia Arabia and Kuwait for Operation Vigilant Warrior?

I was in HHD from 92-96
I did go to Saudi in 94 but only to the port in Dammam.

You were in Bravo? You guys were cool with the maintenance requests although your females didn't look as nice as C Company (the medics).

I plan on visiting FT. Benning once more to show my girlfriend Kelly Hill and the "slums" we lived in.

PS I was your battalion Chaplain Assistant.

Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 03:24 PM UTC
Hiram,
Yes the Dammam Port. Great days sitting out in the heat and loading those ships with all that equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know, I might off talked with you in Saudi. I had a little family emergency and had to talk with the Chaplian. The out come was, the Battalion CO gave me his seat to go home on the C5 that left right at the beginning of December.
Oh I remember how the females looked in our company. I say 2 out of 5 were ok looking. It never fails, the girls in all the medic companies that I've been around have always looked better. You should see the girls in our C Company in the Battalion I am in now.

When was the last time you've been back to Ft. Benning. They pretty much tore down Kelly Hill and rebuilt it. I think right after you left. Ask Heavy Arty. Ya, I think they rebuilt all the barrecks in 98'. My cousin is stationed on main post and she says it looks like a campus on Kelly Hill.
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2004 - 12:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Got me wondering, Hiram -- you say where but not when. My Dad was in the 25th ID DIVARTY in Cu Chi in 1969. Probably a little before your time, but I think Animal was over there then.

I was in HHB DivArty from 1987- 1990. I never got to go to Korea but I spent a month in Japan. We had some fun on the island of Supporo.

I did my basic and AIT in NJ and my parents didn't believe me when I told them I was going to Hawaii.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2004 - 02:54 PM UTC
That's cool. I was in Alaska with the 6th ID(Light) during about the same time (85-89).

BTW, Cu Chi was in Vietnam, not Korea. IIRC, it was about 25 klicks northwest of the city then known as Saigon.