_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Cement problem
Leopold
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 446 Posts
KitMaker Network: 159 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 10:43 PM UTC
hi guys
i recently had these problem with my mr cement deluxe cement. Well, when i bought it months ago i was running smoothly, however nowadays it is like honey, kind of thick and had thin streaks like cheese on pizza.
what do you guys think is the problem?
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
entire network: 285 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 11:11 PM UTC
You say it months ago and if you didnīt propely kept it on a dry place those problem might happen owerther you could still use it as a bunker cement .
Bunker were not always smooth, the german had to build very quickly the atlantisch wall ( it is a very long one ) with not enough labour ( most of them were force labour ) the workers didn t really like the german so there were lot of bunker with NO smooth surface. You might still be abble to use the cement for the bunker otherwise i can not help you on how to get the old smooth effect you need for your cement
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 11:38 PM UTC
Hello,
Liquid glue will thicken over time. This will happen no matter what you do. If the bottle has been left open for too long and the air is humid and hot it seems to speed up the process. You can still use this glue its just will not run like it used to. You are going to have to purchase a new bottle of glue, Just insure to keep the lid closed when you are not using it. I use Tamiya Extra Thin Cement and it seems to last the longest , and it works the best IMHO. I hope this helps a bit. Just remember Keep that cap on tight.
cheers,
Bryan
 _GOTOTOP