_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Website opinions...
clausen
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
entire network: 449 Posts
KitMaker Network: 223 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 01:58 AM UTC
I've just finished a little "make over" on my little website Howitzer.dk (Some of you might visited it before...)
The purpose of this "make over" is to make the entrance page more interesting, if possible...

I would really appreciate if you would give me some criticism on the first page...

Can I make it better in any way?

The link: http://www.howitzer.dk/

Bjoern
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 02:25 AM UTC
really nice site I had a quick look around I'd be interested to find out about the Danish marine during the war were they allowed to operate under german control or did they go into exile and fight similar to the dutch/french/norwegians ect
piwi
Visit this Community
Nord, France
entire network: 712 Posts
KitMaker Network: 150 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hi Bjoern,

Just come back from you site. Looks great ! If you need more French armor pics drop me a mail !

clausen
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 02:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

really nice site I had a quick look around I'd be interested to find out about the Danish marine during the war were they allowed to operate under german control or did they go into exile and fight similar to the dutch/french/norwegians ect

They were allowed to operate under German control until mid 1943 when the German controlled government resigned...
The navy blew up almost all of the ships in the Danish fleet, so that the Germans weren’t able to use them.
Here is a photo...
Jurgen
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
entire network: 651 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 03:08 AM UTC
Nice site Bjoern!

(been here too, amazing to see all the calmness now and to think they fought soo hard then...)
And a nice paintjob on a lot of your models too!
Now as for the homepage, if I may make a little suggestion; make the link-buttons on the left side a bit bigger or perhaps in white, so they are easier to navigate with...

Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 03:34 AM UTC
Bjoern,

This is an excellent site. It is very tastefully done and it has a nice layout. Personally I do not particularly like to read white text on black background but on your website that did not bother me as much. You have loads of very useful reference materials and that's great. You photos are outstanding as well. What can I say, I really like you site and will add it to the list of my favorite modeling website links on my site.

Great job!
clausen
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:14 AM UTC
Thanks for the nice comments!!!

Jurgen, I think you are right! - I'll change this next time I'm doing an update!

This is my favourite photo by the way... I took this photo at the German cemetery at La Cambe in Normandy....

Bjoern
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 09:33 PM UTC
quite well worked your site my friend Bravo . well organised and much to see. i wish sometime i do one like that
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 10:19 PM UTC
nice website Clausen. it is so good to see your family,military background,military modelling hobby and references at once.congrats
 _GOTOTOP