_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
can some one help please!!!!!
pod123
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 187 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 03:07 AM UTC
hi guys i,m desperatly trying to get hold of some 1/35 models from the 2004 tamiya catoulage i,ve had them on order at alocal model shop for nearly three months every week i ring and he just says oh they,ll send it when they feel like it maybe next week. i,m not keen to purchase stuff online via a card as i dont like the idea of it, can anyone give me the name or contact of a shop in the uk where i could get these models, apparantly all tamiya models come in via a company called hobby models but i cant find there e mail adress if any one should know it many thanks
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 03:18 AM UTC
well most on line shops have phone number and u can call and give them your creidet card number
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 03:23 AM UTC
Online shopping is as safe as in-store shopping. You have nothing to worry about. I've been shopping online for years without any problems.
Go for it, you'll be happy you did.
pod123
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 03:46 AM UTC
ok guys do you have the name of any online stores i could contact and see if they have the models
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 03:58 AM UTC
Try Hobby Link Japan There prices are as good as any and I've heard nothing but good about their service.

I'm with Kencelot, I've shopped a fair bit online without being badly burned. Think about it, you go into the store and give the clerk your card, whose to say they don't copy it while they're running it through the machine. You stand just as big a threat of being ripped off that way as you do with online shopping, long as you go to a reputable place.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 04:10 AM UTC
Try England's mighty Hannants
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC
Your subject availability must be very limited if you are unwilling to internet shop via credit card. The vast majority of my stuff is purchased online because I have pretty much cleaned out of most of the LHS of things I like.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Try England's mighty Hannants

Hi Pod123. Have to agree. I live in sweden and have ordered online from hannants a few times and there has never been a problem. If there was something i really wanted from there, I wouldnt think twice. You can order online as its a secure server. I belive you can do it over the phone as well. they have a good stock and an easy access site. Recommended!
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:31 PM UTC
http://www.squadron.com
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 02:23 AM UTC
Pod123 I know it is hard to get used to, but Halfyankank is right, if a place is going to screw you they will do it right in front of you.Most places have a reputation, either for good or bad, but back when I was working, I was traveling, and while traveling you are stuck with using plastic a lot.
I never had any trouble with mail order, the only trouble I ever had was some motels would charge me more nights then I was there, and like Halfyank said they got my card right in front of me, then they just tried to rebill off it, but luckly that was in Texas that night, and the next night they tried to charge me. I also had a room in Florida, so I told the card company,and they checked it out, and cleared it up. But that was the help they hired at the Motel.
Most of the people here use mail order, and if any of them ever had any trouble you would of heard about it. We all try to stick together here, and try to help each other out to the best of our abilities.
If you want to know of any good places to order from, some of the others should be able to help you, but if you are still afraid to try mail order, then that is OK to, you haft to do what ever makes you feel comfortable, and happy.

Best regards Kerry
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 02:30 AM UTC
www.hannants.co.uk postage is sometimes a bit more than average
www.modelsforsale.co.uk
www.panthermodels.co.uk great for AM stuff
www.goldstarstockists.com
www.piermodels.com
www.ukmodelshops.co.uk

give these a try

cheers

joe
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 02:37 AM UTC
also, my local hobby shop stocks loads of tamiya kits,

bridge street model shop
bridge street
mansfield
notts
ng20 0ss

01623 622215.

the bloke who runs it, steve is a nice guy he might post kits to you and takes all the major credit or debit cards

cheers

joe
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Try Hobby Link Japan There prices are as good as any and I've heard nothing but good about their service.

I have to agree, I've used them a lot and never had any problems with them. They keep you informed when the order is posted and the longest I've waited for an item is two weeks. Even with postage the kits are usually cheaper than buying online from the UK. As an example I've just ordered a Tamiya 1/48 mosquito and the total price inc postage comes to £19.40. To buy the kit from Hannants would have cost £22.49 inc postage.
The only thing to think about when buying from abroad is import duty. If the item is valued at less than £18 [excluding p&p] then you shouldn't have to pay anything. Over £18 and you could get stung.
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 05:39 AM UTC
you could also try Wonderland models in Edinburgh on

www.wonderlandmodels.com

I've ordered kits at 230 pm from them over the phone and they've arrived at 830 next morning

HTH
Pete
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:57 PM UTC
not forgetting lucky model they take paypal and c/c's
and stuff arrives faster than most UK shops at about 1/2 the price too
pod123
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:48 AM UTC
many thanks to you all for your replys i,ve been checking the various links i,ve been given most useful already thanks chaps
 _GOTOTOP