_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Phew! My airbrush is back…. (long)
Aitch
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2002 - 04:44 AM UTC
Just had a few days of pure panic with my trusty Badger 200 airbrush – it got to the point where I was thinking of throwing it all in the bin and getting a new bunch of paintbrushes.
So what happened..? Paint lumpy? Over spray on the carpet? No I was following instructions.

Go back a few weeks. My beloved three-year-old Badger 200 bottom feed needed an overhaul. So I went to my local hobby store and got a new medium nozzle assembly and medium needle. When I got home I discovered problem number one. In the pack with the nozzle was a Teflon washer I’d never seen before. It hadn’t been in the original package when I’d bought it and despite having lost my instructions along the way I was certain I’d never had it.
So I did the only sensible thing an Armorama.com member could do. I went to the forum and asked a question. Thanks to all those who took the trouble to reply to my posting that particular problem was solved.
I set up my airbrush with the new needle and nozzle and sprayed my T-34 with Tamiya acrylics and a few days later a couple of coats of Future (or Kleer around these UK parts)
It was while I was cleaning up after this that disaster struck. I was re-assembling the brush and using the wrench to tighten up the nozzle assembly when it suddenly dropped on the floor. When I looked properly I was horrified to discover that the nozzle hadn’t simply got cross threaded as I hoped, the threaded shaft had actually sheared off inside the body of the airbrush – and it wasn’t going to come out…
Eventually I was able to jam an old triangular file into the nozzle and twist it loose – but it cost me a few hot sweats. The good news was that the body of the airbrush polished up without any scratches, and the hobbystore replaced the nozzle free of charge as it was faulty.
Moral of the story: I don’t tighten up the nozzle with the wrench anymore. I just finger tighten it and it seems to work just as well.
Just had a few days of pure panic with my trusty Badger 200 airbrush – it got to the point where I was thinking of throwing it all in the bin and getting a new bunch of paintbrushes.
So what happened..? Paint lumpy? Over spray on the carpet? No I was following instructions.

Go back a few weeks. My beloved three-year-old Badger 200 bottom feed needed an overhaul. So I went to my local hobby store and got a new medium nozzle assembly and medium needle. When I got home I discovered problem number one. In the pack with the nozzle was a Teflon washer I’d never seen before. It hadn’t been in the original package when I’d bought it and despite having lost my instructions along the way I was certain I’d never had it.
So I did the only sensible thing an Armorama.com member could do. I went to the forum and asked a question. Thanks to all those who took the trouble to reply to my posting that particular problem was solved.
I set up my airbrush with the new needle and nozzle and sprayed my T-34 with Tamiya acrylics and a few days later a couple of coats of Future (or Kleer around these UK parts)
It was while I was cleaning up after this that disaster struck. I was re-assembling the brush and using the wrench to tighten up the nozzle assembly when it suddenly dropped on the floor. When I looked properly I was horrified to discover that the nozzle hadn’t simply got cross threaded as I hoped, the threaded shaft had actually sheared off inside the body of the airbrush – and it wasn’t going to come out…
Eventually I was able to jam an old triangular file into the nozzle and twist it loose – but it cost me a few hot sweats. The good news was that the body of the airbrush polished up without any scratches, and the hobbystore replaced the nozzle free of charge as it was faulty.
Moral of the story: I don’t tighten up the nozzle with the wrench anymore. I just finger tighten it and it seems to work just as well.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2002 - 04:49 AM UTC
Eeeek! Was that thread purposely doubled???
Good news though. Glad it works for you now. Just be careful that air doesn't get in through the "hand tighted" joint. Maybe just a tiny little turn with the wrench.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2002 - 09:20 AM UTC
Yes does seem strange their doesn't it #:-) #:-)
Oh well glad you got it fixed. My Badger which has been with me now 30 years I don't use it much any more but I still have it.
 _GOTOTOP