staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 06:50 AM UTC
This was a historic event. Jan (General Failure) was traveling through Fresno while on vacation in the US with his family. He was nice enough to make some time for us to meet and have lunch. Here is a photo of that day a week or so back.

It was great meeting him! We gabbed non-stop and even worked in 5 minutes for politics. #:-)

Although he did order a Budweiser! Bad Jan! hehe

I have added a new gallery beneath what was the Rouge's Gallery (now just called Member Photos). This new gallery is called Member Meetings and I hope we can fill it up with similar fun photos.

Thanks for a nice lunch Jan! Sorry about the rain in DC!

Cheers,
Jim
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 2,029 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 07:35 AM UTC
hehe, Belgium meets the States, nice to hear that you are able to meet some of your members abroad

Btw, I am probably going to visit my parents in law in July, they Live in New Jersy and I would not mind to meet a couple of you goofballs
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 11:56 AM UTC
Well "Boy Howdy!"

So our good member General Failure meets the 'Big Guy' huh?........well I must say, that is great news. Maybe one of these days I'll get to meet the 'guy behind the curtain' Jan!
{this to Jan...Is Jim really part cybernetic being, like the rumours are saying? I was kinda curious because he must never sleep, because he does sooooooo much here on site....O.K., back to normal post}
Glad you had a tete'a tete, sounds like fun.

And the 'Members Meeting' gallery is a nice addition Jim. Wish we'd had that back several moths ago when I met up with General 'Zod.....could 'a stuck a pic or two of the 'Zodster in the Gallery!

Tread.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 02:47 AM UTC
Hey...
that's where I left my balloons !

Well, guys, I really DID meet the Big Guy in sunny California earlier this month. Since I signed a confidentiality clause, I can't comment on any of your assumptions about cybernetics. But it WAS a nice lunch and making a stop in the Fresno area to meet with Jim most certainly made up for all the rain we had that week.

Our next meeting is scheduled in Antwerp, Belgium. (You *do* remember agreeing on that, don't you, Jim ?!)

PS : these new emoticons look good !

Jan
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 2,029 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Our next meeting is scheduled in Antwerp, Belgium. (You *do* remember agreeing on that, don't you, Jim ?!)

Huh, Huh??? would it be true? Come on big chief visit us little Europeans, we carry your word around so well, please enlighten us

No, just kidding, are you really planning on coming over, I take a few day's off if you are and we could go to the ardennes with a couple of guy's
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 07:32 AM UTC
Yeah....the JimMan is more than welcome over here. I hope to meet "our chief" too someday. (noooooo not you Jan...we already met )

Well, since I'll meet Robert and Juul again next week, I guess I'd better start making pictures for the Gallery

_GOTOTOP