_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Jim - I think You Were Treated Unfairly
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2002 - 02:16 AM UTC
Jim, I to have been a victim of getting some of my replies & post's removed from the ML board too.
One thing I don't like about ML is that they get these guy's who think that they were actually back in W.W.II, and think they know it all. ( there are however a HANDFUL of very knowledgable modelers)
I have had numerous debates with some to the point of exploding. One guy made a big deal, because I spelled Jochen Peipers last name with (ie) instead of (ei). Do you believe it !!!!
I personally like ML, , but what they did as in your case I see as a selfish, unfair, & inconsiderate. - The owner of ML ( Andrew Dextras) is a very fair person. maybe you should email him and ask him for an explanation of what happened, and why.
AND JIM FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH - " ARMORAMA IS A GREAT FORUM " !!!! :-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2002 - 02:57 AM UTC
Ralph,
Thanks! I have gotten several emails from users on ML that were sympathetic to my post. I think for the most part this hobby has some great people in it. At least that is what I have witnessed on this site. :-)

I doubt I will be posting much on ML anymore anyways. I just use to go there to keep up with what topics they were throwing around. Plenty to read right here!

Jim

PS: Glad to see you might be getting somewhere on your ride to AMPS though. I will try to add your request to the next newsletter too. Keep me updated.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2002 - 03:37 AM UTC
Unfortunetly I think it has something to do with squelching the competion. Some see it as standard business practice. Than again, I could be completely wrong.
 _GOTOTOP