_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Lead foil?
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 06:29 PM UTC
I'm still using what's left from my drinking days, that I collected from wine bottles, but running low. Since I gave up drinking 20 years ago, guess you can figure out I had quite a stash, and drank a lot of vino. Add 2+2, and bet you can all figure out why I gave up drinking...... LOL LMAO
Thanks for the tip on the mining company, think I'll spring for a roll of it. Should be enough to last me a life time, and hell, I'll package it and sell it to model makers around the world.
Just wondering how long a 5 pound roll is???? Also wondering which is better the low silver content or the cheaper stuff??? Not much of a LEAD expert here.

PS.... I haven't seen a metal toothpaste tube in years, but you can pick up empty tubes for a few cents at Pearl Paints, in the oil paint section, artist use them to pack their own paints either into smaller tubes, or their own mixtures.
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 - 11:46 PM UTC
If your dentist doesn't use lead foil, call another. They would be thrilled to find a home for it.

Sealhead
sniperwolf
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 86 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 05:05 AM UTC
Lead is fine for you unless you are constantly exposed or ingest it. Lead paint caused no harm until kids ate it
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:53 PM UTC
Murphy check your PM.

Patrick
WhiteWolf
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 67 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 05:41 PM UTC
Nice tips...

Anyone in Canada that has an 'excess supply', I'd welcome a few hunks? Or someone willing to try sending it across the border?

I don't drink wine (or champagne) cause it besses up my gut, and I really don't like seeing the dentist (he nags way too much)

The pie plates and stuff are usually aluminum (seen the Alcan logo on 'em) but if you want something thats almost as maleable in thing strips, try soda-pop cans.

I used pop-cans way back for the side track guards on a 1/16 King Tiger years ago when the stock styrene ones got shattered, and the guys loved the results, cause they dented and got dinged like real ones.

WhiteWolf
 _GOTOTOP