_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Why I love this site!!!!
Nailz
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 11:49 PM UTC
This is OT and has nothing to do with modeling per se, but everything to do with the quality of people on the site.....

I don't post a lot, but I read this site every single day, it should probably be my home page. I just see every day the people on this site helping others with great advice, great pictures, and anytime someone posts pictures or whatnot, you guys and gals are always all over it telling people how good their work looks and giving any insights on what else they could try.

I don't see flaming, what I do see is a bunch of excellent individuals boosting each other up to make the hobby they love something to be enjoyed and shared with the rest of the group.

The topper for me is that people are so unselfish here. I had a question last night about where to find a new set of decals to replace my lost ones.... I immediately had 2 people offer to give me a spare set of theirs. How awesome is that?

Folks, keep up the amazing work, it's why I am always on this site and will keep coming back to learn more from all of you! Thanks for reading....

Salute!

Marty
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2002 - 11:54 PM UTC
Its a self fostering common denominator. Glad you're here Marty.

Jack :-)
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 12:32 AM UTC
Always glad to help. That IMHO is or should be the motto around here. At least that seems to be everyone's attitude on this site.

Also, Welcome Back Jack!!!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 12:53 AM UTC
I agree - I have to admit, even on 'touchie' subjects the discussion is Always very positive. Everyone alows everyone else thier 'space'.
This is an awsome site.

Thanks Each and Every one of you out there. :-)
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 01:15 AM UTC
Ahmen to the above !
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 01:51 AM UTC
Yep, great people with great hearts always willing to help... that's Armorama. I have never seen a question left unanswered, never seen a cry for help withouth couple of guys lending a hand to a fellow modeler they have never seen before.

The greatest bunch of people on the modeling net call themself ARMORAMANIACS. :-) Join us and enjoy the ride...

Mario M.

Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 02:17 AM UTC
:-) :-) :-) Nails:
I do not think that I would be stepping outside my bounds, By saying your praise is greatly appreciated. I personally do not offer alot of advise, Because alot of times the question is outside my realm of experience. But I have from time to time offer a tid bit or two. Either way it is certainly a great place to come to, To learn things about our hobby and to meet some very friendly folks with helpful advise. Anyway as an official member here I would like to say your welcome. And would alos like to encourage you to stay here and wish you Happy
Modeling !!

DAGGER-1 "To The Victor,Go The Spoils"
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 02:26 AM UTC
Hi Marty!
I'm glad you are enjoying this site, as you I was baited at first time (love at first sight?).
It's impossible to me to stay more than a couple of days without checking what's going on over here, and as you I also needed some declas for a pz IV and Mr Ron (Pipesmoker) kinddly sent me one of his spares (to me here in Brazil) free of charge, and also needed the instructions sheet for the same model and Sabot emailed me the scanned one, re4ally the people around here are great and everybody wants to help each other.
Keep modelling and having fun, that's all about.
cheers
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 02:39 AM UTC
Since I joined, many "newbies" came along. Today, many of them have sent hundreds of posts (and passed me by in rank ). They have become part and parcel of this Armorama site. Those who were enthousiast newbies, are today a major support for these forums.
I have a feeling you'll be around to stay too, A private today, a lieutenant tomorrow. Before X-mas, you'll have a fine collection of ribbons (in Belgian army referred to as "fruit salad") on your chest. Marty. Welcome to this great club !

Jan
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 02:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

in Belgian army referred to as "fruit salad"

Hey Jan,

Mr. fruitsalad..... Some more posts and you're up again..... I'll go practice on my "sir"...
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 02:53 AM UTC
Yes a good place to be at. really helpful
otto
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
entire network: 72 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 03:01 AM UTC
I also am VERY glad that I found this awesome site. I cant add anything that hasn't already been said.
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 03:30 AM UTC
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments expressed in the previous posts.this is one of the best modelling sites that i've come across and my thanks go to Staff Jim for setting it up and everyone else for helping make this site what it is.I'm nowhere near being an expert modeller,i just enjoy building models.If i can help someone out with pics or info etc etc i'm glad to do so.
Happy Modelling
Peter :-)
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 10:10 AM UTC
This site is great because all the response is so fast. And people here are nice.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 10:49 AM UTC
Well after a long day of home repairs, yard work, and cleaning up the house (getting it ready to sell), I really like reading a thread like this. You guys really do make this site a great place to visit and interact with. I hope we can maintain the level of community and camaraderie that exists now. I think we can. I will do "my" best to make sure the site stays a fun and rewarding place to frequent.

Thanks Nailz! And thanks to all of you for all your contributions, large or small.

I will be leaving on a cross-country trip tomorrow morning (July 3rd), but will have my laptop and be checking in and hopefully doing more updates when time permits. For those who recently sent in content additions or other items please be patient. They will get done. If I am not going to publish something (very rarely) I always let people know via e-mail.

Your Webmaster,
Jim
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 10:57 AM UTC
Yep you are right this is a great site with great folks who dwell here.This has to be the only site on the net with a forum where people do not flamed when they ask questions.I think it has to do with the quality of the folks coming here,all around Nice guys and Gals :-)

Have a good one
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 02:14 PM UTC
Have a good and safe trip Jim !! Get back safe and....enjoy !!
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 05:22 PM UTC
Great stuff there Nailz!!! :-) I agree 100%.

Quoted Text

I will be leaving on a cross-country trip tomorrow morning (July 3rd), but will have my laptop and be checking in

Have a safe journey Jim. ...hmmm, now that the cat's away...just kidding.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 07:45 PM UTC
Ken,
Lol...Thanks.

I'm off!!

Jim

PS: There you go again with those animated GIFs!
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 09:48 PM UTC
Hi Nailz- yes it is a great site. i love playing devil's advocate and getting people to think.

Have fun, Chris
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 10:51 AM UTC
I can't think of any other web site that I would rather be!!!!! #:-) #:-) #:-) This site kinda reminds you of the "Cheers" Bar....

Everbody knows your name and are glad you came.....
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 05:51 AM UTC
This is by far the most fun site I know. I can always PM those interested with a few other sites that I like, but those have nothing to do with this kind of modeling.

Seriously, Jim, you do a great job.

Only one thing : this takes so much of my time I hardly model anymore !!!

Have a nice day off !

Jan
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 06:32 AM UTC
Hi,

After all it's said I've almost anything to say but, as I've posted at other thread:

Where else there are no flamed posts ?

Where at a modelling site forums could we have threads about NHL playoffs and soccer/football world cup ?

Only at ArmoramA !

Hip Hip Hurrah Hip Hip Hurrah Hip Hip Hurrah for ARMORAMA
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 1,109 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 06:37 AM UTC
Armorama is the first club I've ever joined and it (or rather the great people on the site) has already improved my modeling skills greatly. I even find myself learning more about the internet as I rarely used it before this.
Happy 4th of July to all my American friends (with Armorama, I can actually say I have American friends).

Nic
mkultra
Visit this Community
New Zealand
entire network: 13 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 08:31 AM UTC
*watch out, first post*

This site is great, I have recently got back into 1/35 scale modelling after a break of a few years and its definately helped refresh my rusty memory.

Thanks a lot!
 _GOTOTOP