_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Hold and Fold vs. Etchmate
jackalone72
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 104 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 02:14 PM UTC
Ok I want to star using PE more and I want it to be as easy as possible.I want a tool that will do its job not having to force it and make all kinds adjustments to it and be very disapointed.I dont mind paying $100 bucks for somthing that works and pays for itself.
Well what do you guys think ?I know its been asked many times before,Mission Models is my local hobby shop or should I say Military Models shop and would Like to support his tool but if something else is better that everyone would get right .So whats the verdict if all else fails I will by both and see which one is better and try to send the other for refund or exchange.(if they let me).
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 02:32 PM UTC
They are both very good tools. For what they are designed for, they are indispensable.
I have and use the Hold and Fold only because it was there in my hobby shop waiting for me to purchase it.
I have seen and held the EM, never used it, but was impressed with it.

The H&F comes in 3 sizes - 2", 4" and 8". The EM comes in 6.5"
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 02:54 PM UTC
I have an etch-mate and I really like it, it makes working with PE much easier. (especially the big pieces) Having said that I have heard the latest hold n fold is also very nice, but if you have Mission in your neighborhood I would pick up the EM just to avoid S & H charges. (geez, I'm glad I don't live that close to Mission I would be broke and never get anything built because I'd probably be hanging around all the time driving Jon crazy )

Cheers,
Mike
 _GOTOTOP