TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
I know wrestling is acting but
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 01:20 PM UTC
Ok...was watching that Average JOe Hawaii finale. At the end the beauty chooses the hunk. She then tells him that her ex boyfriend was Fabio (not our Fabio, but the book cover one). He pitches fit and walks off. Yeah Right!!! How many guys would have 1. walked away from a chick that looked like that. 2. How many wouldn't have thought it cool to brag she used to date Fabio, now she's dating me
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 02:25 PM UTC
I would have to agree with you on both counts Blaster. I also admire your guts by admiting you actually watched the show. I can honestly say I'm proud to have never watched ANY "reality" show. Unless of course you count The History Channel.

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 02:35 PM UTC
Ahh ha! THIS is why you're not at that modeling desk!
Stay away from that drivel, it'll only cause your brain to melt into an overheated styrene pile.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 03:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How many guys would have 1. walked away from a chick that looked like that. 2. How many wouldn't have thought it cool to brag she used to date Fabio, now she's dating me

Five

(Queer Eyes for the Straight Guy)

Gunnie
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:32 AM UTC
Hi, I'm going to have to agree with Kencelot here. TV will definitely fry the brain cells. It's 95% B.S. And that's on the good days, if there is such a thing with these Idiot boxes to begin with. A total waste of what precious little time we have in this dimension. Hit the off button for a couple of weeks or so and you'll begin so see what I mean.

Take care, Sgirty
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 09:53 AM UTC
well wrestling is fake but they do take a beating.
and some of the stuff is real
because my friends cousin use to be in the wcw.
he use 2 go bye the stage name as the wall.
now he is in tnt i think
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:26 AM UTC
Once in a while you have to watch the garbage on TV. Just to appreciate what is really good. If I'ld been the clown who had "written the script" for that "reality" TV show, I would have had her call the normal guy crying that the hunk left her, and had the normal guy fly out to be with her...the "Fairy tale Ending". Doncha just love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 04:34 AM UTC
I saw reports of that finale on the web. It just made no sense to me. Did the jomokes who went on this program think this woman never had a boyfriend before the show? If they did, it confirms that anyone who would subject themselves to the degradation and humiliation inherant in participating in any of these shows really are brainless dregs from the wrong end of the gene pool.
AS to pro rasslin', I've hada front row seat to a show once, Randy Savage inthe Miss Elizabeth days, Brutus Beefcake, etc. (It was quite a while ago) Seeing this as close as that, you can really see how, er, ah, staged, these shows are. NOt that these guys aren't agile and athletic, but they aren't hitting each other.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 05:09 AM UTC
Did 'ya hear Miss Elisabeth passed away last year? I thought she was a good-looking lady - not like the "juice-pumped" vixens Vince McMahon goes for these days...

Gunnie
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:00 PM UTC
WHAT?!?!?!?! Wrasslin's fake?!?!?!?!?! Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!! Actually, some of the stuff they do can be pretty brutal, like getting hit by kendo sticks, metal chairs, and cutting themselves with razor blades when blood is needed. I'm still a long-time fan who has even been to a Wrestlemania. But, at least pro wrestling doesn't claim to be real anymore. I just wish that those lamebrained "reality" shows would do the same (not that I watch them).
As for Miss Elizabeth, she was always one of my favorite ladies of wrestling. Her passing was very sad.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 07:14 AM UTC
I remember Miss Elizabeth. A friend bought me one of those early action figures of her in the mid 80's. Sorry to hear she passed, What happened? She couldn't have been any older than me. My buddy and I used to get Little Ceaser's Pizza-Pizza a lot of beer and watch it Saturday nights. We loved to watch G.L.O.W. especially those California Cheerleader team. Remember when that one had the dislocated elbow....that was ghastly to see happen.
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 02:28 PM UTC
I believe Elizabeth died from an overdose of painkillers and alcohol. It seems as though those are the drugs of choice for wrestlers because of all the lingering effects of the bumps they have to take in the ring.
Yari
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 78 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 - 04:00 PM UTC
If it is so. Fake as rasslin might be but the pains and aches that the "wrestlers" endure are all too real Remember the Owen Hart fall a few years ago?

"PRO"-wrestling is such a guilty pleasure to many of us. Sometimes its more exciting that the the late movies of Steven Segal and Sly Stallone.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 03:31 PM UTC
I miss Monday Nitro (WCW), I still watch RAW, but, it seems to be a little too lurid and sex derived. Nitro never seemed to do that!
Cuhail
P.S. Read a book, turn on the TV in your mind!