TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Bill Murray - Lost - Sucks
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 05:53 PM UTC
Well, if I care at all about the Academy Awards (and I do a very LITTLE bit) my choice would be for Bill Murray to have won.

He did not.

Too bad, I think he's a great actor and seems like a real person. And, that was a great little film he was in too. Oh well.

Not too thrilled about who did win. But, that's another story...
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 03:14 AM UTC
I agree - I felt for him when I saw his reaction. I thought Billy Crystal did good by asking him to stay - and told him that everyone loved him.

Without knowing how badly he would have liked to have won - and how he feels that was his last and best opportunity - others might have thought he was blowing sour grapes.

I didn't think much of the winner either. I was routing for Johnny Depp's over-the-top performance...

Gunnie
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 03:29 AM UTC
I didn't see Lost in Translation, or Mystic River either for that matter, so I can't comment on how well Murray or Penn deserved the Oscar. I DID see Pirates, once in the theatre and several times on DVD, and I can say I REALLY wanted Johnny Depp to win. I can't think of a movie in a long time where one actor made the movie as much as Depp did. The movie was good Depp made it great.

As to Murray, I've always liked him, since Caddyshack, Stripes, Ghost Busters, and I now want to rent Lost in Translation to see how good an actor he apparently can be. I have no desire at all to see Mystic River is that says anything about my feeling for Penn winning.

I also agree it was a class act for Billy Crystal to make a point of telling Murray has much everybody liked him.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 03:29 AM UTC
I think the majority of the attendees were rooting for Bill to win. Me too. Was a bummer to see him lose, though it was still nice to see that he was recognized as a nominee.

How about LOTR though!? 11 of those meaningless statues!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 03:34 AM UTC
Yep - cheers to LOTR! The first Fantasy film to ever win Best Picture. They deserved it for the three movies - can see anything coming around soon to trump that sustained performance.

If only George Lucas would loosen the reins and let someone else direct and write the Star Wars stories like he did with The Empire Strikes Back...

Gunnie
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 03:41 AM UTC
I read an article that Peter Jackson's next project is going to be (another) remake of King Kong. Darn it! I think that would be a terrible move(i). It's been done too many times, each with so so ratings.
I personally hoped he would continue with his talent as directing the "fantasy" genre and perhaps turn Robert Jordan's series of the "Wheel of Time" into celluloid.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 03:56 AM UTC
Yeah - I was a little disappointed with "King Kong" too as his next project. How can you tell that story in a fresh and new way?

Gunnie
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 11:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah - I was a little disappointed with "King Kong" too as his next project. How can you tell that story in a fresh and new way?

WOW A FLICK ABOUT A GUN TRUCK ANIMAL WILL BE PLEASED!
muca
Visit this Community
Pavia, Italy
entire network: 88 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:24 AM UTC
Johnny Depp deserved the award...LOTR is a great movie, but is missing what is greek is called "patos".....feeling...don't know how to say it.....
I still have to see Murray's movie, but I have positive feeling about it
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

WOW A FLICK ABOUT A GUN TRUCK ANIMAL WILL BE PLEASED!

There is your new and fresh twist Gunnie. #:-)