TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
WW1 on Discovery
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 03:41 AM UTC
Anyone been watching the documentary series?

Cheers
Peter
:-)
mossieramm
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
entire network: 253 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 08:33 PM UTC
I
mossieramm
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
entire network: 253 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 08:41 PM UTC
If you mean the series “The First World War” then yes. I though it was a good series and enjoyed watching it, once you get used to the way the program is presented. What I thought was good is that it is presented in a neutral way, doesn’t glorify one side or the other, just the facts. It tells about the war and various battles, Doesn’t go into great detail about the battles unless it has a major impact on the war in some way. The series did not only focus on the western front, but all things relating to the war, even part of the war which was fought in Africa which thousands of miles from Europe. Gave some insight to what happened in the back ground, and a different reason why Britain went to war. Great series.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 09:00 PM UTC
Yes I did as well but a few time ago. The documentaries are very well done and they concentrated mainly on UK, France, USA and Germany/Austria. What disappointed me is that at the end there were titles telling how many casualities the various countries suffered during the conflict. All of them (I think) were mentioned but Italy. In WWI we had over 500.000 people dead and Italy was the first country to receive the Austrian surrender on the 4th on november 1918...
Ciao