_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
my new modelling room
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 02:40 AM UTC
heres a pic of my new modelling room been working on it all week had to have a new ceiling fitted and painted, and just working on the wall paper now one last bit to go #:-)
rooms about 10ftx8ft and will have a desk for painting and one for building on and my old pc will be in there to browse this site of course should have it all finished off by tonight so some serious kit making time ahead
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 02:46 AM UTC
Must be nice having a window... I model down it the basement and it could sure use some sunshine. Looking really nice. Now get finished and glue some things together.

Shaun

Edit: Since this is the RRB, I think you have some paint on the window... LOL Unedit
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 02:50 AM UTC
I knew you had class!! Will you still talk to us after you "move in to your new Studio? LOL #:-) Good for you. Well lets see the room is coming along very nicely,. I don't see any excess glue but I think it could use a few more rivets and some weathering.....
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 03:26 AM UTC
That looks absolutely great Dave!!! Best wishes for the new "laboratory"...
Ciao
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 05:13 AM UTC
May you have fun and build many models in that room!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 06:42 AM UTC
You must build some huge-a$$ models if you need 2 ladders!!
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 08:54 AM UTC
you lucky guy. thats a nice room to build in.
i build in my basement lol
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

May you have fun and build many models in that room!

Yeah I'm getting ready just incase trumpeter bring out rail gun dora!
thanks for the kind words lads still "movin" in
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 09:23 AM UTC
I envy you, you have your own private place to build your stuff. I build my models where ever I get to in the house, with the exception of the bathroom of course.LOL #:-)
Katyusha
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 10:33 AM UTC
It looks great. I wish I had a special room devoted to modeling. I have a very small space that I have to do my work, and I am having the problem of finding a place to put my completed projects. but I cant complain because I have a very big room and I like it alot. I dont plan on moving anytime soon so I'll just have to make do.

Katyusha
Copper
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 29 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 11:05 AM UTC
I am very fortunate in that I get to use the "forth" bedroom on the second floor which has a large window for lots of natural light. I have some pics of it in my gallery.

Darryl
Captain94
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 239 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 02:19 PM UTC
Nice room! Someday I too hope to have such a grand palace of fine modeling!

Cheers!
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 03:23 PM UTC
This one has taken me something like 15 years to build, and it is still 'in process'....

Obviously in the basement but out of 'harm's way'.
Babva
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 141 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 01:26 AM UTC
Kevin, how can you find anything down there? This is way to organized for my standards.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 04:53 AM UTC
Yes. Half the fun is trying to find that darn accessory you know you ust saw a few days ago but can't remember where!! Also running out of a certain color paint in the middle of painting is another time honored tradition.
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 52 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 09:59 AM UTC
i see a building outside of your window... is that scratchbuilt? #:-) really nice room mate. good luck
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 05:41 PM UTC
Its very nice to have your own space , and decorate it as you like and make the things in your way. Enjoy it and build a lot, and also take a look out of the window in case some lady neighbour is having a hot time !!!!!
Tankleader
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 12:15 AM UTC
Hello All,
I too am banished to the basement, but at least there is loads of room. Kevin, I must say you have given me some inspiration since my basement is unfinished. I've been saving all of those cool posters for year and am dying to just hang them. Nice Pic.

Tanks Out
Andy
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 01:23 AM UTC
looking good I to plan on adding amodeling room on to my house my wife is going to kick me out of our spare bedroom so her mother can stay with us.....oh boy shoot me now.....larry
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 07:45 AM UTC
Well, I did clean it up for those pictures. Almost looks like a grenade went off in there now, especially since I just finished up a project, I'll be spending the next few evenings cleaning it up again.

Andy, I wouldn't call it being "banished" to the basement. I am quite comfortable down there year round, and I quite enjoy being down there. You know... beer, stereo, farting, burping etc. I.m sure that if all is dry and comfortable down there for you, that you'll love the peacefulness. The smoke eater has gone since I quit smoking, and I have added some shelving and more storage. Still however, 'in-process'.

I have gotten a couple of notes from wives saying that they liked my room and that they would be encouraging their husbands to do the same. (Perhaps so she could be with her family upstairs? Humm... works for me!)

Warhog. Been there, done that, but once you get set up, you won't care who moves in! I've had in-laws for years (25 to be exact), on occasion, to stay and it came to the point that when they came over (and stayed), I knew that I was going to be able to get some modeling in!

If I put a couch down there, I'd probably only go up to shower and to get another beer.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 08:16 AM UTC
Howdy mikeli,

Your 'room of many wonders' looks like it's coming along rather nicely. Now, as soon as you get the room wired for the 5.1 Dolby surround sound system, and widescreen Plasma Flat screen TV (for stop-framing those war films so you can get the details and colours on your kit just right), and the 220-volt conduit to supply power to the Frig heavily stocked with some Bass or Guinness, plus the Satellite dish just outside that window so you can insure an 'always-on, always-fast' Internet connection (for speed-accessing those hard to find AM modeling companies, not to mention the big 'Armrorama'). You'll be almost there!

Tread

Oops, almost forgot. Just remembered to mention the infra-red, laser grid security system to cross-hatch the entire room, thereby rendering all of your precious, completed pieces of art completely free from potential 'disasters'......drives cats crazy as well.

BTW, where in "Northwestern England" are you located? I was born in Preston.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 08:20 AM UTC

Oh, and to kkeefe: Dude, you really need to get some more paint jars! I'm sure there's a hybrid colour of the spectrum found in an alternate universe that you bloody well don't have yet!

Tread. #:-)
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 08:44 AM UTC
treadhead lol i like your ideas already got the mini fridge the pc will be networked to a 2meg cable moem and lots of dont touch notices all over should just be finishing moving in tonight BTW I live in Preston (well the suberbs now it's got city status) Bamber bridge
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 01:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh, and to kkeefe: Dude, you really need to get some more paint jars! I'm sure there's a hybrid colour of the spectrum found in an alternate universe that you bloody well don't have yet!

Tread. #:-)

Aye, but it does seem like everytime that I do need a particular color, I don't freakin' have it... #:-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 03:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

".... BTW I live in Preston (well the suberbs now it's got city status) Bamber bridge ....."

You have got to bloody well kidding me!!...........small world huh? Who'd a thought.....
So, I take it the view outside that window is Preston? Ahhhhh.....I don't suppose you have any other pics you could Email me? I haven't seen Preston since...1964! Back when the Beatle's were first getting started. So, I'm sure it's changed. I used to live on Elcho Street, which used to be a cobblestone street just down from the park.

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP