_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Armorama members currently in Iraq
ChrisCarney
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 88 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 06:32 AM UTC
I was just curious as to how many (like me) members of this fine website are currently serving in Iraq an/or Kuwait or Afganistan. And where are you stationed. I am currently working for Vertex(L3) Aerospace at Balad Airbase. It's about 35 Kms north of Baghdad.
Give me yell if you can. I'm working at D co 3/158th Avn hanger. Ask for Chris. I have some modeling stuff with me. Lets chat and share a NEAR BEER. Everyone be safe out there and please take care.

Chris Carney
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 07:19 AM UTC
Chris, no I am not stationed anywhere in the area. I am not even in the military. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for what you are doing for this country, for me and for everyone else who cherishes freedom and peace.

Be safe my friend!
ChrisCarney
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 07:43 AM UTC
Thanks partner, I know I'm just one voice, but I think I speak for all of us when I say that "We" appreciate it and all the support we're getting from everyone back home. Keep the home fires burning and we'll stay safe over here. Have a beer on us.

Chris
Jurgen
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 10:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have some modeling stuff with me

who says modelling is an addiction?!

Stay safe and keep on modelling!
Hooah!
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 01:22 PM UTC
Wow, thanks for everything you guys are doing, have done, and will do. Say, have you seen the pictures in the forums of some AFVs with "ARMORAMA" painted on them. Oh, say, what kind of models do you have?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 12:42 AM UTC
Take care of yourself and give everything you got. But don't forget that the enemy are still humans, if they raise a white flag, capture them, if they point at you, get them first.

BTW, get us interior and close up shots of Bradleys and Abrams
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 03:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was just curious as to how many (like me) members of this fine website are currently serving in Iraq an/or Kuwait or Afganistan. And where are you stationed. I am currently working for Vertex(L3) Aerospace at Balad Airbase. It's about 35 Kms north of Baghdad.
Give me yell if you can. I'm working at D co 3/158th Avn hanger. Ask for Chris. I have some modeling stuff with me. Lets chat and share a NEAR BEER. Everyone be safe out there and please take care.

Chris Carney

My brother just left there. Did you know anybody that was with Raytheon?
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 04:36 AM UTC
I am in Baghdad, IRAQ operating out of BIAP.
ChrisCarney
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 04:59 AM UTC
Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. We try and stay safe. I'm glad to see so much support here for what we are doing on this side of the sand box. Keep it coming folks. As for my models. I have built a D model Tamiya panther (pics in my gallery). I also have the Tamiya A model panther and am currently working on a Tamiya late model Tiger 1. I also have an academy early model tiger 1 waiting patiently in line to be built. I went home on vacation this past december and just had to bring my airbrush and compressor back with me. Along with a few other nice items I couldn't do without. The panther I built here was done all by hand except the base coat. I will also try and see if I can get some good shots of some Abrams and bradley interiors for you. If the tready's don't mind be getting close to their "babies". Take care all and thanks again.

Chris
 _GOTOTOP