_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello, I'm new here
BuckGully
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 61 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 09:17 PM UTC
Well, actually I've been lurking for a little while before signing up and posting.

I did modeling as a kid, and have recently returned to the hobby. I used to do aircraft almost exclusively, but I'm finding myself drawn to other subjects, like armor and sci-fi. I quickly got tired of just flat-painted models like the first couple I did since restarting, and I'm trying my hand at weathering and detailing. My first effort was a humvee that I wanted to look like it had been part of the invasion of Baghdad. I did that, I think, only it wound up looking like it had rolled into Baghdad with the Mongol horde in 1258, and was only recently excavated.

My second attempt is a Sherman that I've posted pics to in the gallery. I think it turned out better, though there are a few things that I'll do differently the next time.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 09:31 PM UTC
Welcome aboard BuckGully! Glad to have you in from out of the shadows.

LMAO at you Humvee story. Can we see it? Just kidding.
Your Sheman looks to be okay. It's the Tamiya kit eh? I can tell because I can see through the sponsons that their Sherms are notorious for.
Just hang in there and ask any, and I mean any questions you may have. We'll be standing by to help you build better models.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 09:52 PM UTC
welcome to the site Buck Gully The sherman looks pretty good to me... It's always difficult coming back to modelling. I think most of us here did that as well...Jim
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 01:59 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama BuckGully, we are all very glad to see that you signed on. Enjoy
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 08:27 AM UTC
Welcome to the best site on the net ask anything and you will be amazed at the answer, especially in the paint forum. #:-)
boosahmer
Visit this Community
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 10:40 AM UTC
Hi Buck Gully- welcome to Armorama, the best site on the net. Have fun here and thanks for sharing your work.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 10:47 AM UTC
Welcome aboard!!! Have fun!!!
Ciao from Italy
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 11:20 AM UTC
Welcome to the clubhouse of modeling,it's the only one worth being a member of,have fun.
Arthur
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 12:09 PM UTC
Welcome aboard mate, this really is the best most friendy site on the net, cheers
BuckGully
Visit this Community
entire network: 61 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 07:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

LMAO at you Humvee story. Can we see it? Just kidding.
Your Sheman looks to be okay. It's the Tamiya kit eh? I can tell because I can see through the sponsons that their Sherms are notorious for.

The hummer's not much to look at now, because I tried to fix the paint job by starting over with another primer and base coat, but at that point there was quite a bit of paint loaded up on it and it was starting to get ugly. So then I used it to try out different methods for stripping paint, none of which worked all that exceptionally well, and one (mineral spirits) wound up doing terrible things to the plastic. Oh well, it was a cheap kit that I bought at Walgreen's, the whole point of it was to make mistakes.

I was thinking of putting something to block out the sponsons on the Sherman, but I really wanted to get more experience with the painting and weathering rather than making it as accurate as possible. That's for the next model.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 11:21 AM UTC
welcome to Armorama BuckGully.glad you joined the family
P.S: the sherman looks good
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 06:28 PM UTC
loads of goodies in here my friend . Techniques supportingh, friends , knowledge and above all fun !!! WELCOME
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 11:24 AM UTC
Welcome aboard, glad to have you. This is the best modeling site around. Ask any questions that you might have and I know you will get an answer. Enjoy yourself.

Mitch
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 32 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 09:41 PM UTC
Welcome Buck, sorry to hear about your Humvee, I to am just learning how to weather and getting more into detailing and stuff...Glad to have you aboard, Enjoy
 _GOTOTOP