_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hobby Lobby Coupon
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 07:26 PM UTC
It's that time again. Everybody with a Hobby Lobby nearby they're have their 50% off coupon for plastic models. M26 Pershing, come to papa. Go to www.hobbylobby.com Look for the newspaper coupon link. Print it out and go to town. They also have their artists oil paints on sale, you don't need a coupon for those.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 07:41 PM UTC
Cool beans, thanks HY.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 07:49 PM UTC
I clicked on the NEWSPAPER link, but didn't see the 50% off Plastic Models coupon... if you click on the INTERNET COUPONS link, you will see it.
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:03 PM UTC
Anybody know if this coupon is limit one per person? Has anybody used multiple copies of this in a single transaction?

Sean
Zverko
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 177 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:39 PM UTC
Have you noticed that there are about 50 hobbylobby only in the state of Texas and 1 ( yes ONEEEE) in the whole state of Florida? Luckily this store is at 500 miles from my house (pensacola, FL) ... lol

Zverko
Mitch
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 32 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:51 PM UTC
I see they just opened one near me in Kalamazoo, MI. I've never been to a Hobby Lobby...They have alot of kits?? I'm mostly an airplane guy, any additional information appreciated,considering there online catalog didn't tell me squat
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 12:42 AM UTC
Thanks for heads up Saw the Pershing also hidden in the back of the models must be getting ready To hide all the good stuff!!!
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 01:19 AM UTC

kicks stones cuz the closest hobby lobby to me is in Michigan
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I see they just opened one near me in Kalamazoo, MI. I've never been to a Hobby Lobby...They have alot of kits?? I'm mostly an airplane guy, any additional information appreciated,considering there online catalog didn't tell me squat

Unfortunately they do not have a large selection, but the prices can't be beat for what they have. Especially if you take advantage of the 50% off sale.
They have (recently) added a couple of 'goodies', such as the Ardenne's Forest Koenig Tiger, and the Pershing. And if you're a 'wingy thingy' kinda guy, you can really get a deal on the new large scale Academy F-16! Plus of course Academy's samll family of Blackhawk's.
hth.

Tread.

Oh, and if you're a 'smelly' 'floaty' guy, they have some Mini Hobby Models(?) 1/350th scale ships, that I've heard told are reboxes.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 04:26 AM UTC
Oops, I posted the wrong link. You're right KFMagee, you go to coupons. Here is the link I meant to post. http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/coupons/coupon.cfm

Sonofavet, you can buy as much as you want with a single coupon. We're lucky enough to have three stores in town and I normally print out several. I doubt I will this time since money is tight after the hollidays. Besides that Pershing I doubt there is anything I want. Maybe a 1/350 Mini Hobbies Bismarck, like Treadhead says they are supposed to be reboxed Tamiyas, or maybe Trumpeters, and and half off you can't beat them for the money.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 07:56 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and printed it up. Should have a rental car by then and I live in Texas so there is one only 8 miles from my house
StarTraveler
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 109 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2004 - 09:07 AM UTC
The Hobby Lobby in my town has a small supply of armor models, but tons of automotive and aircraft. I guess each one is different.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2004 - 01:17 PM UTC
Picked up the Pershing model today nothing else!
Snowing and have everything else!
kiltman
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 76 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 01:39 AM UTC
I was able to pickup a couple of items. I got the M2 Bradley with interior and a 1/32 scale F/A-18 Hornet. Now, when is a furniture store going to run a half off sale, so I can get something to display all these models in?
SFC_StJohn
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 128 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 05:10 AM UTC
THANKS A TON!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea that Hobby Lobby ran this particular special..... I'm on my way tonight!!! Waaahhhhhooooooooo
LemonJello
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 05:36 AM UTC
The couple that I've hit in Illinois had a lot of cars, but the armor and aircraft were a little sparse, still, at half price you can find some good deals. I guess their selection is based on what the store purchaser thinks will sell. I managed to get a 1/35 Pave Hawk at half price and my son got me a pair of 1/35 Cobras for the price of one. So I'm not complaining.
 _GOTOTOP