TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Models on TV?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2002 - 03:29 AM UTC
...Posted on the IPMS/Eddie Rickenbacker Chapter's website http://www.ipmscolumbus.org

"Attention all modelers: Please note that the History Channel premiere of Modern Marvels: Models will take place next week as listed below. As some of you may be aware, IPMS/USA played a part in this program. Several members were interviewed and a number of us provided background information and leads for the writers and producers. The program deals with all types of modeling (including RC), so how much of "our" hobby will actually make it to the screen - but hey, it's a show about models!

Modern Marvels: Models will air next Thursday, June 20, 2002
on the History Channel at:

Pacific: 10-11PM
Mountain: 8-9pm
Central: 9-10pm
Eastern: 10-11pm...

I know this is Kencelot's Arena - but I couldn't resist posting it!

Gunnie
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2002 - 08:29 PM UTC
Quite alright Gunnie!!! Glad you reminded me, I saw this coming up a few weeks ago.
Been so darned busy setting up the new PC's, I have had so little time to get here to make any anouncements let alone look around.
Darn file tranfers! Driver updates. Crashes....almost done though. I think one more day, and I 'll have it set rock solid.
In any event, here's their listing:

Modern Marvels; Models

Though they duplicate the real world for fun and fantasy, models are not always toys and they're not always tiny. We explore the magic of these fascinating replicas--from the Rover and Lander models for the Mars Exploration Project to ancient Egyptian ship models found in tombs to English ship models from the Age of Sail. We also look at the rage for hobby modeling, with Lionel trains leading the pack, watch models go to war with scale warplanes in WWII, and invade science fiction films. TV G

I will repost this Wednesday evening.