Place your announcements here please.
any history of trouble with Squadron?
ambrose82
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 09:41 AM UTC
I ordered some Maquette items (seperate track links and an engine for T-34's) from Squadron.com on January 10. I got an e-mail from them acknowledging the order on Jan 11. Since then, I have not heard from them about the order nor have I received the items.

Is this a normal delay?
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 10:55 AM UTC
Hi ambrose82. I experienced some trouble with them once like it took about a month & still no word from them so I decided to call & found out that their was a big delay for them in recieving their mail. I used to pay them in money order. Just try to call them & inquire about your order, I'm sure they'll accomodate you.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:02 AM UTC
I have ordered a lot of stuff from them. Other than the automated response aknowledging receipt of your order, I have never received any more replies from them before I received my orders. One time it took a couple of weeks for an order and I called them and they were very friendly and helpful. I will continue to buy from them in the future.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:46 AM UTC
I've found that Squadron orders can take up to about two weeks to arrive. I've ordered from them when I lived in Germany, Kentucky, Texas, Alabama, New Jersey and Massachusetts and have never had a problem with items not arriving. Obviously when I lived in Texas and Alabama, I got very quick (under a week) delivery. In the Northeast, 10-14 days isn't out of the ordinary.
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 10:35 PM UTC
Iv'e not had any problems with Squadron in over 3 years of dealing with them...and that includes p&p to Saudi. I did have a huge problem with Great models that lasted over 2 years before it was sorted.
If you do call Squadron, ask for Macky Sue...always a big help.
Hope you get it sorted quickly.
Cheers
Peter
Captain94
Visit this Community
entire network: 239 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 03:15 PM UTC
never had a problem yet. I'm happy with the company.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 03:31 PM UTC
Only problem I ever had with them was once when I was phoning on an order, pre-cyber stuff, they asked me how things were in Mazza-too-sitts.#:-)
Otherwise service has been always very good.
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 2,394 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 03:35 PM UTC
I have been using squadron for a lot of years. In fact just the other day I came across their Mail order catalog, no.12, Fall 1976 when I was going through some old boxes of books.It was real interesting seeing kits from then that are still made and the Prices! lol there was an awful lot of variety in the small scale stuff too. But I never once had any trouble with them Cheers Kevin
Zverko
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 177 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 08:27 PM UTC
I ordered from squadron in several occasions and it took about 1 week or so to arrive (consider that I live in florida). I dont like that they only communicate when the order is shipped but no other information after that. Call them

Zverko
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 12:51 AM UTC
I order from the squadron quite a bit,never have I had a problem.its proabaly better to call a order in than e-mail,there also a distributor under the disguise of MMD so maybe there e-mail lines are full of orders from shops???????thx larry
ambrose82
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 09:52 AM UTC
Finally got my stuff after a two-week wait. I originated this post because their slogan seems in contrast with the experience. They say when one orders from them they ship it and they don't order it from somewhere else. Just seemed to take a bit of time for them to get the order out is all. No biggy. Now I know what to expect next time.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 09:57 AM UTC
I placed an order with them on Jan 17, and received my order in todays mail.
Wolfe
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 71 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 12:11 PM UTC
I've ordered several times from them and only once right after this past Christmas did my order take more than a week to arrive. I sent an e-mail inquiring about my order and they were quick to respond and give me a status. I received the order the next day
ambrose82
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 08:22 AM UTC
After a week of waiting for my order I too sent them an e-mail inquiring about it. They still have not responded. Granted, as I said before, I received my items about 2 weeks after ordering.

It would have been nice for them to let the consumer know how long to expect to wait, given their implicit promise of quick shipping.

Just something for the wary traveller to be aware of.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 10:48 AM UTC
I placed an order for an ExtraTech 1/72 scale M36 Jackson GMC on 21 January and the kit came today, 28 January. One week is not bad for a kit to travel from Texas to Massachusetts.
 _GOTOTOP