_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Some old kits !!
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 07:36 PM UTC
Hi there guys. Recently doing an closet clearence in my parents house that i used to leave many years ago, i found and got some of my old kits that i dont even remember that i have. I post here some pictures, some of them are bought over 11 years and when i saw the prices i freaked , they are 1/3 of todays. Anyway , if someone remembers these and want to comment on anything it would be nice. Also i dlike to hear what old kits you have there unbuild and sealed that u almost have forgot them !!!

There are also more old kits that i have in stock and i recently deiscovered . Its the good part of leaving the hobby and getting back again.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 08:25 PM UTC
hi Cosats,
Tamiya modern infantry and Academy Mutt 151 are not very old kits. Mutt 151 is a good model that can be used in nam era,if i remember well the kit contains a mortar and 3 mortar crew but not good figures . Tamiya figures are not bad for action dioramas but they are not as good as the other modern figures. the others are realy old model kits. Hellers Highlanders camp has good posing Brit soldiers and as you may see on the box cover they wear sleeveless leather jerkins,hard to find them now for dioramas.They are not good very good quality plastic and torsos are two piece and details are not very good. Heller had similar kits like Italian Alpini and some african figure with mule. Revell Nike Hercules is a legendary kit for me because I grew up building lots of this kit .My father is a retired AF
colonel (Air defense) and he was the commander of Nike and Ajax missiles when he was a captain and major for over 10 years. I grew up playing in the launchers of Nike missiles.
I like it very much and still have one as a book holder in my library.
I am glad for you finding the treasure in your moms house.
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 298 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 10:40 AM UTC
Kali Nichta Costas. Looks like you opened a treasure chest there! Who knows what's in the other closet at your parents house?

Yassas, John.
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 10:49 AM UTC
id love to get my hands on those highlanders

think Im gonna try to see if I can find em around....

that looks like a wicked set.
could you make a picture of the inside of the box?
and then I mean the sprues
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 12:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

id love to get my hands on those highlanders

think Im gonna try to see if I can find em around....

ESCI/ERTL also released this set a long time ago. I think they called it "British Soldiers at Rest." I have the parts and pieces of it in my figures spares box, but the kit box is long gone. If you put a "want" out, someone might be willing to part with it. The figures are not to today's standards and are kind of on the "large" side -- like 1/32nd more than 1/35th scale.

That Academy M151 is a copy of the old Tamiya M151 MUTT kit. I believe it is really an M151A1 and is not really a Vietnam-era vehicle. It is more from the mid-70s to the mid-80s. It's not too hard to backdate -- the biggest change is the lights and front fenders.

Wish I had one of those Nike-Herc kits. The first unit I was assigned to in Germany back in 77 was the 32nd Army Air Defense Command headquartered in Darmstadt. About half of our subordinate units were Nike-Hercules; the other half were Hawks, and a few Chapparal and Vulcan units. "If it flies, it dies!"

_GOTOTOP