_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
101st Screaming Eagles figures
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 12:16 AM UTC
A hobby shop by accident send me instead of a nam set of figures the Dragon set of 101st US Screaming Eagles. Where did they participated, what era which war? i will keep the figures cause the guy asked for sorry sending the wrong kit and gave it for free (he sended already the right kit to me) So do any body knows and tells? of course you know!!!!!
APbullet
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
entire network: 236 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 12:44 AM UTC
Have you seen Band of Brothers? Yes then you know where they have been. No: France-D-day - Utah beach, Holland - Market Garden- near Eindhoven, Belgium-Ardennes-Defend of Bastogne, Austria - Hitler's nest. So lot's of options.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 12:50 AM UTC
I think it depends on which DML kit you have. There are three that I know of. One has the 101st in Normandy, has a guy with a mohawk IIRC. There is a set of 101st guys at Bastonge with the long greatcoats on, this is the newsest one. Then there is an older kit with four 101st guys with modern equipment that may be more appropriate to a Desert Storm type of deal. Which kit do you have? Kit number?

HTH,

Shaun
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 12:52 AM UTC
By your description, it's hard to know which Dragon/DML set you have.

Dragon made several sets that can be modeled as the 101st Airborne Division.

Kit 6010, U.S. Army Airborne (Normandy 1944) has box art with one 101st trooper and three with 82nd Airborne patches -- all four could be from either division. The figure with the mohawk haircut was also sold in 1/16th scale as a "Screaming Eagle."

Kit 6163, U.S. 101st Airborne Division, Bastogne 1944, has paratroopers in winter gear during the Battle of the Bulge (aka Ardennes counteroffensive).

Kit 3009, U.S. Light Infantry, I believe has troops with 101st patches. These are Desert Storm era.

Kit 3011, U.S. 101st Air Assault, is another Desert Storm era set.

Do a Google search for 101st Airborne Division and you'll get anout 96,000 hits. The Screaming Eagles have been all over -- D-Day, the Bulge, Vietnam, Desert Shield/Storm, Iraq, ... plus plenty of other conflicts in between. The unit in Band of Broithers is from the 101st Airborne Division.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 05:46 PM UTC
Thanks for helpin out guys , my research is already on the run
 _GOTOTOP