_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
HLJ delivery time (SAL) to US Northeast
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:10 AM UTC
Anyone out there in the NE USA, staying warm are we..., have any idea how long SAL packages have taken to get to you lately?

I've got 2x boxes of stuff on the way and it's been 16 and 19 days respectively.

The reason I ask is we've just moved, I updated my shipping address well ahead of time, but we live in a tiny little town, how small is it..?? No home mail delivery, everyone gets a box at the post office.
The previous owners told us that they never had any trouble with home package delivery, to the street address, but I'm starting to wonder a bit.

Is 20 days too soon to start panicing?

Mike (jonsing bad for my Hase Valkyries and Fine Molds Tie Interceptors..)
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:23 AM UTC
MLD

In answer to your question, no 20 days is not to early. I would try to e-mail them to see if the stuff has been shipped yet. I know some companies that I've dealt with offer a way to track a shipment. Plus some companies will e-mail every change in an orders status, recieved, shipped etc. I never had to wait more than a couple of weeks for an order so yes 20 days I would start to wonder.

Good Luck
Wolfsix
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:36 AM UTC
I got a TIE fighter and a Jedi fighter in about 2 weeks. I'm not too far from you.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:38 AM UTC
Hi Mike

From experience, 2 to 3 weeks doesn't seem unusual for deliveries to the UK (probably not that different).

I once had a 7 day door to door delivery from Great Models, which was almost unbelievable!!

I wouldn't worry just yet...

Rowan
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 10:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

MLD

In answer to your question, no 20 days is not to early. I would try to e-mail them to see if the stuff has been shipped yet. I know some companies that I've dealt with offer a way to track a shipment. Plus some companies will e-mail every change in an orders status, recieved, shipped etc. I never had to wait more than a couple of weeks for an order so yes 20 days I would start to wonder.

Good Luck
Wolfsix

Wolf,
Thanks, I am told via HLJ's invoice page that the stuff has shipped, but this style of shipping does not offer tracking, unlike the old system.

I'll drop them an email and ask them to check into it at their end.

It's a small enough little burg that a package delivery guy was in the Post office asking and the little old lady who runs the place was giving him directions, up the hill and into the sticks. We're just up the street and around the corner.

Rob,
Thanks there too..I thought I remembered hearing from you that you'd gotten an order in 2 weeks-ish.. but this is the 'standby airmail' style shipping, so maybe I keep getting bumped.

Thanks all
Mike
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 11:12 AM UTC
i to have been waiting well over 20days for some items to come from hlj,usually i get my stuff in 14 days....starting to get a little worried sure miss the old days when they shipped ups.....sure wish they would bring that back.....larry
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 01:21 PM UTC
Mike, actually I went back and double checked. I order the two kits (listed as "in stock") on 1 DEC and received them 23 DEC. So it was 22 days, slightly over 3 weeks and not two.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 02:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mike, actually I went back and double checked. I order the two kits (listed as "in stock") on 1 DEC and received them 23 DEC. So it was 22 days, slightly over 3 weeks and not two.

Rob,

Thanks, Like I said, I'm at 16 and 19 days out from their notes.
I'll try not to worry too much and hopefully be surprised with a package when I get home from work this week.
It's not like I don't have a single other model in the house to work on...

Mike
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 833 Posts
KitMaker Network: 216 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 11:29 AM UTC
HLJ has recently changed the way they ship their stuff. As a result the time from ship to recieve has greatly extended. A couple of my friends recently dealt with them and found out. I'm not sure who they use now for their carrier but it was much better with UPS.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 03:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

HLJ has recently changed the way they ship their stuff. As a result the time from ship to recieve has greatly extended. A couple of my friends recently dealt with them and found out. I'm not sure who they use now for their carrier but it was much better with UPS.

Very true, even if there was a package tracking option I'd feel better about it.
But, like I've said before, when the Fine Molds kits are 1/2 of what a certain Northern MA(read as almost into NH ) hobby shop charges, even with shipping factored in...
I gotta go with HLJ.

hopefully this week I'll post back that they're here.

Mike
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2004 - 10:17 AM UTC
Ok, call off the dogs.
Both boxes were waiting in the little local post office today.

Interestingly they were delivered to the post office and not the house by a package delivery service, so I'll have to update the shipping address again.

Thanks for the advice guys..

Mike
 _GOTOTOP