_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
worst mail order experience.
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 03:55 AM UTC
Hi guys.

Well today has started off bad! My order from Internet Hobbies came this morning. Normally this would be a good thing, but not this time. A bottle of paint came opened and got all over everthing. To make matters even worse Internet Hobbies service desk is not open during the weekend, so I have to wait until monday to yell at sombody.

Internet Hobbies

Wolfsix
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 03:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys.

Well today has started off bad! My order from Internet Hobbies came this morning. Normally this would be a good thing, but not this time. A bottle of paint came opened and got all over everthing. To make matters even worse Internet Hobbies service desk is not open during the weekend, so I have to wait until monday to yell at sombody.

Internet Hobbies

Wolfsix

Maybe it was from the cold temperatures. Maybe they will put paint in a plastic bag from now on.

Steve
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:29 AM UTC

Ouch! That hurts wolfsix. I had a (somewhat) similar experience happen to my wife on a airline trip we took some years back. She had a bottle of perfume packed away with her other toiletries, and when we got to where we were going (New York), the bottle had essentially exploded (from difference in air pressure?) or something and had completely permeated all of her clothes!
We had to hang all of her clothes out on the clothesline to 'air' out. The smell never completely left the clothes.....but at least it wasn't a can of Raid or something else unpleasant......like paint!

Tread.

Hey, what colour was the paint? And what colour were you going to paint the model anyway? Maybe the Postal Service simply saved you a modeling step? :-)
Sorry wolfsix.....just trying to throw some levity (and jocularity) at your situatioon to try to make ya smile! :-)
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:46 AM UTC
I've got only one bad experience in mail prder and it was with... Internet Hobbies!!! I ordered something like 3 years ago a Staghound (from a Polish manufacturer if I'm not wrong), it was charged on my CC and I'm still waiting for it...
Ciao
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 06:15 AM UTC
Hi guys

Thanks Tread I needed that :-) Any way I 've dealt with this company for awhile and never had a problem. Maybe it was somthing to do with the weather. It has been pretty cold around here.

Wolfsix
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 11:56 AM UTC
Hey Fabio, don't you think that perhaps you should have disputed this charge with your credit company by now?
Katyusha
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 12:14 PM UTC
Well, I dont think I've ever had a mail order that I've ordered come in on time or come at all. Every time I make a mail or internet order, I either find out that its on back order or I find out two months after I ordered it that its not coming. I ordered a christmas present for a family member in the begginging of November of 2002 and I found out in febuary that it was on back order and it would be in until april 2003. April came around and I never got It. I could have cancelled the order, but I didnt care, just as I got it after waiting that long. I found out around june that it wasnt coming. Something similar happened to me with a french army tent. Also happened to me with some other orders.
I hope you have better luck with paint in the future?

~Katyusha~
 _GOTOTOP