TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Saw ROTK again and I have to say...
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 02:14 PM UTC
It is totaly amazing!

I rarely go see a movie twice in the theater, not even sure if I did for Black Hawk Down, but I couldn't resist.

ROTK is just fantastic film making. Maybe it was the fact that there were only about 10 other people in the place, but the 3 hours flew by. I was wanting more. Those battles are so intense. If I wasn't such a tough guy, I would have been sobbing at all the sad parts! #:-)

Please do the Hobbit!

Steve
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:08 PM UTC
I went again a second time, and was able to really sit back and watch it. Much better the second time around. Think I am going to go one more time. It's not gonna be the same on the ol' t.v..
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 12:24 AM UTC
I saw it for the first time last night,my sword arm is still aching, fantastic stuff i loved it when the riders of Rohan first hit the Orcs line the cinema shook as it hit Brilliant film.Yes bring on the Hobbit :-)
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 05:11 AM UTC
ROTK has so many stirring scenes I must see it again.

The lighting of the beacons from Gondor to Rohan
The Charge of the Rohan Cavalry into the Orcs
The assault of the army of the dead against the forces of Mordor
The final with Sam, Frodo and Golum, the ring in Mount Doom
Aragorn crowned King and ... don't want to spoil the ending for those have not seen it.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 05:17 AM UTC
Geeze, you guys are determined to cost me $7.50. Actually more like $22.50, plus pop corn, because my daughters will want to go. Can't get the wife to invest 3.5 hours on a movie. Oh well, her loss.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2004 - 07:31 AM UTC
If you guys don't have it yet, I strongly reccomend the soundtrack to the movie. Howard Shore's music is so vivid that'll you'll be playing epic scenes in your head over and over... There's just so much about this movie I haven't forgotten!

King Theoden's speech to the calvary, "Ride now, ride to ruin!" And down they come. Like a wave down a hill, slicing into and over the massed armies of Mordor. Under the feet of the giant Mumakil they ride, until Theoden and Eowyn's last confrontation with the WitchKing.
They had come at last

Shelob, the Paths of the Dead, "It still just counts as one!", "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!", Gandalf telling Pippin of the afterlife, Denethor sending Faramir to his death... Whoa.

I'm going to see it agian next Saturday, and I still need to take my parents on of these days!

YM
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 06:02 AM UTC
Hi all,
I have yet to see the last part...and after reports here and elsewhere I cannot wait.
I was lucky enough to get turned on to the book at school by our English teacher in the early sixties...and I still read it every few years.
What's good about the films, is all the scenes and the characters are almost exactly as I imagined it when reading the book. Mind readers.
Truly fantesticle...is that an Austin Powerism?
Cheers
Peter
...5 years... ...
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 06:09 AM UTC
Oh man - I just (FInally) saw it this past weekend - what a great move.

Go and see it, just don't drink anything before or during because you do NOT want to miss any of it (especially to take care of 'that').
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 04:43 PM UTC
Saw it Monday. The SPFX of the first two pale in the last. The Elaphnatine creatures blend supwerbly into the rest of their scene. It may not get oscar for best pic, being last of three, but it owns effects. Yes, there are sad partings as there are in real life. Anyone with any experience has been there. I have the first two extended on DVD and may have to wait to dedicated ady to the three.

This movie (the three part can only be considered one movie) is to sci-fi fantasy what Godfather I and II were to ganster movies. The bar has been raised. Star Wars is a pretender to the throne and shows is indebtedness to its true source.

All hail the Lord of the Rings.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 04:57 PM UTC
3 times for me and I enjoyed the last almost as much as the first and second. I have the soundtrack too and listening to that makes me want to see it once more.

Forth and fear no darkness!
Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
Spears shall be shaken!
Shields shall be splintered!
A sword day!
A red day!
Ere the sun rises!
Ride now!
Ride now!
Ride!
Ride for ruin and the world's ending!
Death!