_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
US Online stores
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:02 AM UTC
As the £ is so good against the $ at the moment Im considering buying from US online stores.
Ive had a looksee at Ent-Mart.com but am not sure of their reputation.
Eg AS90 Trumpeter now $9.99 which is about a fiver!!
Could someone please recommend a good US online dealer who will ship to the UK?

Also, I believ there is a sort of import tax duty but am unclear on how it is paid etc. I would be extremely grateful if someone could clarify this situation for me.

Thanks in anticipation

David
Bribo
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 205 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 03:20 AM UTC
I've ordered several kits from Ent-Mart with no problems, but lately have had a hard time getting in touch with them. Takes a week sometimes to respond to email inquiries. They were excellent before, so don't know if this is a temporary problem.
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 678 Posts
KitMaker Network: 194 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 03:47 AM UTC
While I have never dealt with them, I believe Ent-Mart is actually located in Hong Kong, not sure if that would change your thoughts about dealing with them. I have had very good service from Hometown Hobbies.com. Bill Wolfe is the owner/operator. Send him an email with what you might be interested in and he'll promptly respond. Since I am in Texas, I don't buy from them very often (as I would be hit with both shipping and sales tax), but Squadron.com offers very good service as they only offer what they have in stock. I used to deal with Great Models frequently, but their poor service and confusing "in-stock" system, eventually convinced me to stop dealing with them.
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 04:27 AM UTC
From personal experience, try Squadron.
They have never let me down in three years of using them. And Saudi Postal Service is not exactly the most reliable. And as there is very little in the way of good model shops here, I have to use outside sources.
If you do go Squadron way say hello to Macky Sue for me.
 _GOTOTOP