_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Who buys themselves Christmas gifts?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 10:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey! Ya want something neat for Christmas ya gotta get it your self!

Dont know about that. I know what the wife has bought for me already .... Evolution airbrush, cordless dremel and medal of honour - far east for my PS2. Christmas gifts dont come much cooler than that! I know I told her what I wanted, but at least she is happy as she got exactly what this "impossible person to buy for wanted". I guess Im happy too! :-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 10:51 AM UTC
I used to do buy myself something almost every year. This year, so far, all I bought myself was a Chapstick. It is, however, still early.

Shaun
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 10:54 AM UTC
I do alot - my wife "gives" me an electronic gift card. Kinda like the mythical "kitchen pass" to go forth and wreak havoc on a particular bank account to my heart's (and account's) content.

She then goes and gets me different things for XMAS...

Gunnie
SGT.Busche
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 167 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 11:14 AM UTC
Presents from your self are always perfect because you always know what to get!! (:-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 11:28 AM UTC
At my age, living alone, and having no family alive, the only gift I get to open is the one I bought.
Oh, Please don't feel sorry for me, I prefer to live alone, and have never been a great receiver of gifts, even as a child. But I love giving them....LOL LMAO
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 12:53 AM UTC
I got mine a little bit early. I bought a Badger 175-7. The one in triangular box. I love it! I'm still on these kits: Tamiya M2A2 ODS, Dragon M1A1 etc...
raycel
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 43 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 02:14 AM UTC
I always try to treat myself to something while I am out Christmas shopping. It's the big reason that my wife doesn't like to send me out alone(lol) (:-) :-)

95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 02:49 AM UTC
I buy myself things as well. I can ask for a kit, but for some reason when my wife goes to the hobby store she just can't seem bring herself to buy me anything. (which might be a good thing, this way she's not sure how much all of this has cost me in the past.) I've received one kit in the past 17 years we've been married. So, I wait until after the first of the year and buy myself something special.
trdnfigrhead
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 64 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 07:22 AM UTC
Well, I'm a bit of an anomaly:

First, being Orthodox Christian, gift giving is not a big part of our traditions (which, if it were would work out great as by the old calendar we follow, our christmas is two weeks after your's, ergo lots of savings!!).

Instead I go nuts on the boxing day sales. But for now I have a Trumpeter K5 and Tamiya 1/12 R/C Hummer on layaway that are for me!!! #:-)
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 09:32 AM UTC
I buy myself x-mas gifts the past 2 years because my wife said I am to hard to shop for, So she gives me money and tells me go pick out what I want and she will rap it and put it under the tree from santa, and some from her, since I was a kid I aleast got 1 model but most of the time it was 10 or more from all different periods of time. but since I am older now I get what I feel is enough to handle for a month or so then go and get it for christmas.

also get aleast 1 new tool I think I need for either the house or modeling. Not sure what to get this year have mostly all the tools I need for both. :-) (:-) (:-) (:-)

Happy Holidays everyone (:-) (:-) (:-)

Hope everyone get's what they want from santa (:-) Let the armour roll out in style this year
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 02:29 AM UTC
It's Good Thing thier is'nt a Pshychatrist hanging around here. He or She would have alot to say about this subject. Needless to say I am Happy to see that I am not Alone in this malody
My Girlfriend often complains. Whty should she buy me anythng for CHristmas Because (1 )
I've probably already bought it. (2) Will buy it for Christmas before she can. So Why Bother ?? But then I explain thier's Always Clothes she can buy me instead. Either way it always works out. LOL But this year things being the way they've been, I have not been able to but any new models in the past several months. WELL Okay I did finally break down and bought one for the upcoming Group Build. This past weekend. BUT I have a whole long list to fill out for this coming year. AND this year I send out a list to all my realatives with a couple of the ones I wanted on that list. So Well see.
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 07:50 AM UTC
The trouble I have with modelling related gifts at Xmas is that if someone in my family decides to get a kit or whatever is on my list ,they always send me out to get it as I usually know exactly where it is so the element of surprise is gone . So this year I've treated myself to the DML Panther A late version. I might just out the DML Sherman Firefly on my birthday list and see what appears.
Compliments of the season to one and all
Pete
alpha-1-7-0
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: -2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 08:10 AM UTC
hmmm... this year it was one of dragons 1/16 scale figures, plus i got a kit from my friend tamiya sherman m4a3 w/105mm howitzer :-) :-)

hohoho (:-) (:-)
alpha
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 893 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 09:57 AM UTC
Treated myself to the Classic Airframes Grumman Duck --- been watching one of my favorites, "Murphy's War" and I got the bug to build it! I'm mainly an armor and sci fi guy (been a while since I've done something with wings), so this should be a nice change of pace...

My Wife is pretty cool on the hobby stuff --- as long as I give her a detailed list, she'll order some items from it --- she always makes me SWEAR not to eyeball enything on the list once I've given it to her! Don't know if I'll get 'em but I asked for the Verlinden LCM3 and the Italeri LVT4 --- who knows...? Asked for a couple of cool books, too. Hmmm, hope I made Santa's "Nice" list ths year, but I won't hold my breath...

Good luck with those holiday kit and supplies requests, gang!

Aloha,

Johnny B.
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 03:40 AM UTC
i went xmas shopping last saturday, bumped into an old mate, had a few beers,went to the local hobbystores , bought me an academy type ix u boat(electric motor, really swims) hope my other half believes its a gift from our cat as it is now labelled
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 09:21 AM UTC
yea im going to spend some cash on myself and say it was from santa,I guess its one way of getting somthing other than socks and underware....my wife does usually get me somthing from the local hobby store that ive been wanting...larry
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 10:32 AM UTC
I just played Santa to myself today,
M-36
M-10 Duckbill
T-34-76(1940)
 _GOTOTOP