_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
your santa list
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 06:54 AM UTC
last night i spent a couple of hours choosing some pressies,from a list of ten items,ive narrowed it down to a revell heinkel 177 and int/ex detailing kit,and i was wondering whats everyone else asked santa for?
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 293 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 07:11 AM UTC
I've been drooling for Tamiya's M26 Recovery Vehicle................hmmmmm..........plastic!!!!

Cheers, (:-)

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 07:53 AM UTC
Would love to see an AFV 88 mm under the tree here ......
TempExp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 106 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 11:04 AM UTC
For as many cool kits as are out there and for as many as I want, I don't think any will be on my list this year. I just don't have the storage space and I'm going to stop putting off getting to the ones already on my pile that I want to use. Give me until the day after Christmas when I have some gift $$$ and then I'll probably put in an order for more But until then, no kits on the list. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 03:04 PM UTC
i'm just hoping for the academy honey for my birthday if i dont get it for that maybe santa will bring it...........big maybe.sigh.
newtothegame
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 588 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 04:27 PM UTC
Tamiya P-47D Razorback with detail set. Really excited about this build.

Hasegawa A4 E/F. My father in law flew it in Vietnam from the USS Hancock. I was very excited when he told me he flew the Lady Jessie for a couple missions, so I want to build one with that decal set. :-)
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 05:27 PM UTC
i hope Santa brings me an Academy 1/35 Blackhawk rotor!! (:-)
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 08:03 AM UTC
Like a few of you have mentioned, There are a number of kits that I would REALLY like to acquire. BUT If I could pick just one, Hummm, Lets See....................The DML T-72M-1 Or The
Tamiya T-55. And even though it's not a Model, I would LOVE to get a Nice bottle of BOWMORE 12 year old, Or Dewars 12. Either one would make a nice round off to the Christmas Blues. Any thoughts on this from.....ANYONE ??
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 09:37 AM UTC
I've put in a request for Special Hobby's 1/48 scale Fairey Barracuda. :-)

Holdfast's already got it, and is preparing a Preview...

All the best

Rowan
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 09:53 AM UTC
Bravo Comm, you need to go into your profile and set up a state so I know how far away from me you are! We can get together and drink good scotch. You guys can keep the plastic, give me a litre of Dewars, too. Kidding, sort of. I have so many kits now I'll never get them all built and how do you tell your sister-in law that you need the Aber PE set for kit such and such or the Fruil tracks for etc, etc?

I'll ask for the Dewars and some underwear...

Shaun

EDIT

Oh, I almost forgot, World Peace...

EDIT
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 719 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 10:53 AM UTC
hehe - I'm with Shaun....

I have a PILE of kits waiting, and all I've been doing lately is collecting AM stuff for them. I suppose I could tell the girlfriend that I need Fruil ALT-16s, ABER 35153, etc..... but I'd end up with a sweater anyway :-)

I don't even bother anymore....... lol

I look at it this way - I don't want to ever buy clothes, so every pair of socks that I get frees up more of my money for trinkets :-)

If I had to choose ONE kit I'd like......... hmmmmm gotta go with Tamiya's Steel Wheel Panther.... nice

Jeff
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 12:44 PM UTC
Hi. Since I'm such an 'odd ball' when it comes to buying Xmas presents for, I usually go out and get what I want and then pass around the bills to whomever whats them.
Yeah, Iknow this kind of spoils the surprise come Xmas morning, but Xmas is for the little ones and not the adults. Although we tend to loose sight of that to a large extent anymore. But at least if I know what I'm getting I'm not going to be disappointed in getting something I can't use comes Xmas morning.

So here goes:

Tamiya Abrams w/ mine plow.
Either the Dragon M1A1HA Abrams and/or Tamiya's newly released Marines' Abrams, which looks pretty darn good too according the the write ups.
U. S. modern Accesories kit. and
Tasca's German Luch AFV.
Was going to go for the 1/25 scle Academy Panther, but I figure I'll wait on that to see what the aftermarket folks are going to do with it before commiting myself to it.
Also am holding off on AFV Clubs 8.8 cm Pak 43/41, as I feel this may be just a bit too complicated for me to do at my present level of building expertise.

And if any body is willing, I'l go for Dragon's British Firefly too.

Already have a list started for R and J for after-market parts, but this I'll cover myself. Such is life.

Take care, sgirty
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 08:49 PM UTC
Ahhh I have to be honest with y'all here. I've got a pile of kits and AM goodies in my hobby room that I'll never get around too. So I told everyone no kits this year. Plus I have all the tools I need.

Now I am stuck scratching my head when people ask me what I want!

Sick huh?
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 11:11 AM UTC
dammit! just remembered i had a mind to build a king tiger after i played a ps1 game called panzer front all this summer (the second one along in the sprue bros. advert) seeing that ad just reminded me. ah well project for next year then ........wait a minute! my birthdays in february, and i wouldnt mind a coversion kit for a shackleton.and a p/e interior.and a p/e exterior.and a p/e set for the tiger.and when does that 1/72 u-boat come out?it looks like the rest of next years modeling schedule is set up.......as well as any campaigns i might join....
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 11:15 AM UTC
1/16th RC Pershing.I promise it will fit under the tree (:-)
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 11:21 AM UTC
well today is my birthday and no academy honey.although to be fair my wife and daughters did get me LOTR theTwo Towers dvd,so looks like it has to be Santa.
 _GOTOTOP