_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: IPMS
Topics about IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society).
look what I bought today@Telford
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 09:32 AM UTC
just got back from Telford today and by the looks of my bank balance I'll be eating fresh air and spam for the rest of the month yup spend just over £200 there was some smart kits
today and could have easily spent a grand the new revell U-boat in 1/72 also made a vist looks fantastic as well as usual far to many wingy things and bits for them there I was a bit disapointed in the show as armour/dio's didn't even cover a 1/4 of the show and there were very few figures to look at although the ones which were there were spot on about just over 1/2 was down to planes of all scales some were really nice too just spoilt by people with bad body oder hovering above you when looking at kits/ect poooo any way heres what i bought

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 09:43 AM UTC

you did well mikeli ! And, for the record, I love Spam!

Tread.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 10:06 AM UTC
Yep. Far too many wingy thingy's and all things related. I ended up getting all the usual PE sets that I would normally have to wait for mail order, some dio bases that I can't wait to use and also the 1/16th Kubelwagen. While I'm on the subject of that, in this country the European Kubelwagen is around £70 and the desert one about £55, yet in Japan they are BOTH 7,500 yen which is about £42. I think it's disgusting the way prices in Gt.Britain are jacked up. Maybe that hood in the European theatre Kubelwagen ads a bit to the weight eh? Ha ha..........yuk.

Vinnie
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 10:49 AM UTC
Too many wingy things?! Impossible!

Only kidding! :-) I hope you had a good time - I wish I'd been able to make it, but Sunday service on the railways put paid to that.

Did any of you guys meet up there?

All the best

Rowan
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 11:16 AM UTC
Nice haul...While on the subject here is what I got coming!
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:04 PM UTC
nice haul of stuff their.

Chris (++)
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:19 PM UTC
you hit the jack pot,
will get around to build all of them lol.,
iam starting my 223 this week
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2003 - 08:28 AM UTC
Well I was sorry not to be able to meet any of you that made it to Telford, (we must put on a stand next year). I did try and get an anouncement over the PA system, but it was "reserved" for emergencies only. Does "shift your car, it's causing an obstruction" count as an emergency?
I managed to spend about £450 on about a dozen books 20ish detail sets, 4 models, including the new Special Hobby Barracuda and other bits and pieces. I had taken advantage of Hannant's pre-order system and got a fist full of Xtracolor paints, at a £1.00 each and, at last, the 3 Cutting Edge detail sets for the Monogram Kingfisher (been after them for about 2 years) with 10% off. I also recouped my entrance fee at the SAM stand :-)
To top off a very good day the ENGLAND rugby team thrashed the Aussies :-) :-) :-)
Mal
 _GOTOTOP