_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Warning: Do not deal w/Raisa Rafael of Brazil
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 03:04 PM UTC
I wanted to post this warning to as many as I can in hopes of preventing anyone else falling prey to this thief.

On Feb 4 2013 we received an online order through our website from this character. He/she also emailed us to see if we could get a certain Andrea figure (54mm stage coach) ,which we did. At which point we processed his immediate order as he requested ,a $249 order. This order consisted of 1/35 Trumpeter armor kits. The second order, the Andrea stage coach was $536 ,which was charged and shipped out a week after the 1st order. Tracking/customs numbers were provided. (Payments processed through Paypal merchant service) Two weeks later we received an "unauthorized charge back" from Paypal on both orders. At which point I provided them with the order confirmation email which is made through the website, the customs numbers, and forwarded all emails I received from Raisa requesting the items, and his/her questions regarding shipping,time of delivery etc. Over 6 emails sent by him. Up until now,the status seemed rather clear that the case is obviously an attempt on his part to get free items. It took 2 months for Paypal and the credit card issuer to decide in his favor that he gets to keep the items,and nearly $900 .. please let this be a warning to anyone who uses Paypal as a merchant service provider, which they told me, on that service ,there is no seller protection like there is with the typical Paypal method used through Ebay.

Heres is the thiefs information in case he tries to steal from you too.

Raisa Rafael
Rua Dois de Dezembro, 77 - 602 - Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro - Rio de Janeiro
22220-040
Brazil

[email protected]
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 05:49 PM UTC
Sorry to hear you got took, Tim. I feel for you as I've "been there, done that", myself (though for not quite near as much). Chargebacks are the absolute, hardest thing to guard against.

Thanks for putting the word out, though.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 12:06 AM UTC
After posting this on various threads I was pointed to Soga Miniatures and Red Lancers, whom both have had this happen by this same person.
http://www.redlancers.com/deadbeats.asp

http://www.soga-miniatures.com/index.php?ukey=auxpage_the-black-list-of-clients
novaee04
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 12:27 AM UTC
Pattern anyone?

You should feed that back to Paypal and see what they have to say then.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 12:35 AM UTC
I did, they said they would pass it on to their chargeback team,but as far as my case goes its been closed and they cannot (wont bother) to do anything else.
jjruiz
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 02:38 AM UTC
gaypal is useless, they are as big a crooks as the loser that ripped you off, they are anti freedom and if they ceased to exist today the world would be a better place.

sorry you got boned man...i truly am
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 10,553 Posts
KitMaker Network: 880 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 02:43 AM UTC
Tim, I mean no disrespect, but there seems like something missing to this story. How does this person get to keep product they didn't pay for? What is PayPal's justification for not finding for you? Please elaborate, as it may affect others doing business overseas.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 03:13 AM UTC
hey Bill, I wish I could prvide that information, but unfortunately Paypal wouldnt tell me that info, as to why they made that decision. This thief gets to keep the product by claiming it was a fraudulent charge,and even though we provided the tracking/customs number, which shows delivery, they still sided with him. I dont know why, and they wont tell me why.
AngloSaxon
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 04:52 AM UTC
They have made a judgement on what amounts to fraud and they aren't telling you their reason? It's a disgrace that they are not legally obliged to give you that information. Surely, you have recourse to take this matter further legally, not just with the buyer but with Paypal too. Then again, I'm guessing that would cost a lot more than it was worth.

Mike.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 06:27 AM UTC
I believe, with a chargeback, that the main problem is the credit card company, not Paypal. All Paypal can do is present the card company with whatever evidence the seller provides. After that, it's up to the card company to make the final determination of fault.

And before a bunch of people jump on me, I am NOT defending Paypal. Since the Ebay takeover, their seller protection has been one long slide downhill. I'm just bringing up the point that they are not the deciding entity in chargeback cases.

If all 3 incidents were done using the same card, it might help to consolidate the evidence and present it directly to the card company to show them a pattern of fraud. I honestly don't think it'll help recoup you money or the merchandise, but it may get the company to flag this guy.
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 2,672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 09:28 AM UTC
I [auto-censored]ing thieves. Anybody living in Brazil that could pay this [auto-censored] a visit?

cheers
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 6,188 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 10:02 AM UTC
I thought charge-backs occurred only if you could prove you DIDN'T order the items?

It seems you have email proof he ordered and inquired of the merchandise, so what gives?

~ Jeff
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 10:26 AM UTC
Jeff, if only I knew. It seems that to me, anyone can do this if you went direct to your CC company and filed the claim,instead of filing it with PP. There are plenty of laws it seems to protect the criminal,but none to protect the business owner. After all, we're rich right? and can afford to give away everything to criminals.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 10:51 AM UTC
I guess I'm not smart enough to understand the criminal mind.

Thanks for the warning!

~ Jeff
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 12:04 PM UTC
Based on the pattern, is that not considered mail fraud, and I thought that could extend to other countries is the mail originated in the US.

pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 01:24 PM UTC
Not exactly in this case from what I interpret as mail fraud. From what Paypal told me is ,that he claimed it was an unauthorized charge, and he's not saying (from what theyve told me) that he didnt receive anything.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 02:15 PM UTC
But that fact that he placed a "mail order" charged to the CC, then willing knew he was disputing the charge with the CC company on goods that he had received? Really sounds like fraud to me.

AngloSaxon
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 08:13 AM UTC
Incredible it's so easy for people to get away with these things. Are you going to continue having website dealings through Paypal then? After all, why deal with a 'middle man' when it can cost you so dear. Of course, I have no idea how a merchant account works but it seems not too well to me...

Mike.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 08:24 AM UTC
No certainly not. I cancelled my credit card processing with them today and signed up for a different service provider. Im also considering no longer offering Paypal period,but I havent yet made that decision only because I do have regular customers who prefer to use Paypal, and it wouldnt be fair to them. while Im at it.... I found this site quite interesting...
http://www.screw-paypal.com/paypal_fraud/protection_exposed.html
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 10,553 Posts
KitMaker Network: 880 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 08:44 AM UTC
One hesitates to make generalizations, but I have seen vendors refusing to ship to certain countries or do international business at all. Again, it seems like there's a missing component here, and I'd love to know if it was the credit card company, the bank or PP making this determination.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 08:51 AM UTC
It was the CC company that made the decision, (according to PP) yet Paypal will not tell me why,what when who..they will give me no details what so ever, other than, "we took your money..now eat it"
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 09:18 PM UTC
Tim, is there a way to still offer PayPal but without the CC tag?

I mean PP is a great option to have but I see a flaw in the system.

~ Jeff
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 11:25 PM UTC
yes, but sellers are still exposed to fraud
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 11:59 PM UTC
Just wanted to give a praise report..I checked my PP account this morning and saw a credit for the amount of the charge back..thank you Lord! Looks like PP covered it themselves after the fuss I made with them.
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 02:20 AM UTC
Hi,

Glad to know you have recovered your money
 _GOTOTOP