_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
how does it take u to build a tank or plane
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 12:02 AM UTC
Depends actually. I can do a kit in 20 hrs. That's only the total work time. Breaks and waits not included.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 12:33 AM UTC
The average for me is from two to six weeks. Sometimes up to six months, depending on the complexity of the work to do and the available time.
Ciao
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 03:44 AM UTC
For me it all depends on what else is going on at the time. Sometimes I can get the construction done in a week-end and do the painting, etc.. in a couple of days. And other times it takes me weeks to get something done. So all together anywhere from a few days to several weeks. It all depends on my motivation and how much free time I have.
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 03:08 PM UTC
Let's see, 8 hours of school a day, so 40 hours a week, 12 and a half hours swimming, about two hours of home work, add on 10 more hours, 9 hours a night sleeping, so that leaves 42 and a half hours a week to work on models. Then one comes to find out that one has no paint left from the last project, so let's say about 2 years per model, give or take a month...... #:-) Thanks for your time.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 12:19 AM UTC
I think my longest modeling project so far is the Bismarck Dio, I have like 73% done, but over a span of more than a year. Ship just bores me. Verie sad state of affairs.

And my quickest one got to be the FW190 I did a while ago, 4 days.

But say if I go with my normal routine of at least add a set of PE to armor, or a resin cockpit or pe to a plane. the project will take me like 3 to 4 weeks, with about 90 minutes invested each day.

Manie Warm Wishes.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 06:38 PM UTC
I would say from the first sprue cut to the final spray of dull coat is on average 2 weeks if I work diligently on it every day with no other kit distractions
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 07:23 PM UTC
Cause i usually try to enjoy them and i dont have enough time due to work , home child, and other obligations, i d say i spend about 4-6 weeks and always depending on the detailing , scratchbuilding, aftermarket parts and all this stuff. but i believe that i spend this time usually modelling 1-2 hours 5 days a week .!!! part time job hehehehehe
bytepilot
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
entire network: 381 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 08:25 PM UTC
I generally like to take my own sweet time in making models, so most often than not, I take upto 1.5-2 months to make a model. That way, I'm grateful to Armorama A/C campaigns for keeping me busy throughout the year!

I make about 3-4 models per year, and that's about par. Having family around(a 2.5 yr old daughter, and an understanding wife) and a full time job really slows me down at times .

Cheers,
BP.
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 11:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hi guys. how long does it take you guys to build a tank kit or plane kit.
it takes me about 2 or 3 weeks to build a tank.
and about the same time to build a plane,
so what is the longest time it takes some of u

For me, it depends on the following factors:

1. Complexity of the kit being built
2. Availability of aftermarket parts (if I intend to modify it, plus waiting for it to be shipped)
3. Workload (I'm a professor by occupation)

If my workload at work is not too hectic, I can finish a model in a week or two. How I wish I could bring my kit at work and find a quiet place to build. But regulations forbid me.

The maximum would be 2 months, but that is attributed mainly to my job workload.

Ron
 _GOTOTOP