_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
IPMS stuff
Fritz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 12:25 AM UTC
A while ago I went to Lil's to buy paints for my new King Tiger. The clerck/s, who know me already beacause I always go there pointed Mr. Frank Ching to me. As you all know, he's the President of IPMS Phils. He taught me some techniques in painting & doing some dio stuff whatever those are I'll tell ya later when I'll be showing some stuff with those techniques applied. He also taught me an easy way on how to paint faces! same as above, tell ya later. But what I liked was that he told me the current project of IPMS Phils. I forgot the name of the Carrier but it was an American carrier that was sunk in the battle of the Leyte gulf. Guess what is the scale..........................................................................................................................................................................................1/48
I ain't joking, I'm dead serious.
Hehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!
OINK! OINK! OINK! & a triple OINK!!!!!!!!!
(++) (++) (++) (++) (++)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:05 AM UTC
Wow! 1/48! Good. Ask him if he needed AC modelers to work on his ACs (if he will do one) #:-)
buck
Visit this Community
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 04:18 AM UTC
pards,

Its the USS Gambier Bay. Jeep carrier taob sa Leyte Gulf. The club embarked on this huge project without timeframes. Its a community-build for sheer fun. 18 Wildcats and 12 Avengers will be built to complete the airwing. Im sure you'll be welcome, Shonen, if you want to join.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 08:15 PM UTC
Greetings Buck! :-)

Nice to see yet another Elder in this Phorum! :-) Hope you like it here. :-) Do post at the "Our Fropiles" thread in this weeeee little forum. :-)

Goodness... first a 1/1 Stuart, and now a 1/48 CVE! I reckon you guys at IPMS are just plain bored with all the little kits out there. #:-) Perhaps R/C the CVE? Oooh! That'd be nice!
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 03:14 AM UTC
GIBerogovoy,

Thanks! I like it already. The Fropile gave me a serious bellyache. Hehehe! I could more or less make out some personalities from the thread, pero mas okay siguro if you guys knew one another. Unless, of course nagkaroon na ng eyeball previously.

The CVE project noon pa inumpisahan. But since the principal proponent left for the US it kind of got mothballed for a few years until lately when it was resurrected. Its a group build, meant to commemorate the war here and to (hopefully if all goes well) showcase Filipino talent. Syempre, atin to, di tayo papatalo kahit na our budget is but a fraction of those from other places.

Btw, am I already and "elder" at 33?
warthog
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 03:51 AM UTC
GI: What is the category for elder? Age? If you consider Buck an elder what will you consider me and elder of an elder? #:-)

BTW, welcome elder Buck #:-)
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 04:15 AM UTC
Thanks, elder elder Warthog.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 11:20 AM UTC
Elder - (El-der) --n. 1. A prince or head of a tribe or family. 2. A church officer or minister. 3. An older or aged person. 4. An ancestor. 5. A senior in the hobby world, one with experience and is an expert at building things.

#:-)

"Elder" is not categorized by age (though it helps #:-) ) but rather by skill. Crismag (youngest of the Elders, perhaps) is an Elder because of his exceptional skill in building things. An Elder also leads the rituals of offering sacrifice to the hobby idol (may it grant us the kits we all desire!). #:-) #:-) as opposed to us lowly beings, us competent fakes (like me! LOL) #:-)

Just a weeeeeeeeeee bit of insanity on my part. #:-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 12:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The Fropile gave me a serious bellyache.

It was Great Elder, Omnipotent and Omnipresent Jim's (the site owner) idea. He asked why we are called Filipinos when we come from the Philippines. All hell broke loose after that

Welcome to our little modeling corner on the web Allan! Some of us already went to EBs. In fact I think you can see some ugly mugs if you troll through some of these threads #:-)
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2003 - 04:15 PM UTC
Great Elder Buck! Can you tell us how to join IPMS? what are the requirements & obligations? (Seems as though the same words I used to apply for the DSB! )
The contest on Nov. 30 I think I will come to see since Frank & his Aircraft modelling friend invited me. Can I bring a finished model so you people can judge my level of amateurity?(Is there such a word?) Although I won't be joining the contest since I'm out of the category(PAF equipment).
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2003 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

pards,

Its the USS Gambier Bay. Jeep carrier taob sa Leyte Gulf. The club embarked on this huge project without timeframes. Its a community-build for sheer fun. 18 Wildcats and 12 Avengers will be built to complete the airwing. Im sure you'll be welcome, Shonen, if you want to join.

Wow! Thanks a lot! I really appreciate this opportunity!
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 03:48 AM UTC
GI,

Youre too kind. Your definition of "edler" made me forget my worries of midlife crisis. Hehehe.

Jeepney,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Im really, really glad I found this forum.

Fritz and Shanon,

Youre welcome to join anytime. IPMS charges only P250/year for dues and attendance in meetings to avail of certain privileges like contests and credit facilities. The Nov 30 contest will be the first Bert Anido Cup --- exclusively PAF subjects --- dedicated to the man who loved our Air Force. But even without contests, every one is encouraged to bring models of any make or type to share to, and be appreciated by, the other members. You might want to visit our site at ipms-phils.50megs.com. The site is still in development, but Im sure you'll enjoy it.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 04:07 AM UTC
Wow! Ganda rin ng site! BTW, you can also check my semi-amateur works. Just click on the "Shonen Red's Gallery" bellow this text. You can also view my latest, the M966 TOW on "my gallery" button also below this text. Tell me what you think. Thanks!
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 04:24 AM UTC
Great work, my friend! That Humvee looks like its ready for some action. Great weathering you did on that one. Do you build armor exclusively? Id very much like to post some of my work, but Im still trying to figure out how to downsize my photos. Some take up as much as 800Kb!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 09:42 PM UTC
I'd be very happy to resize those photos Just forward them to [email protected] and I'll process them ASAP. Can't let photos of an Elder's work go to waste
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 10:19 PM UTC
buck - Yep, I did that without alterations and only with the help of my paint brush. No AB and spray can used except for the matt finish. Thanks a lot for your kind review. My line of interest are aircrafts, modern AC. I only build AFV's for a change. Maybe next year, I'll try my luck on warships.
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 03:36 AM UTC
John,

Thanks a lot! I tried sending you some of the photos. Am not sure if I transmitted them correctly, though. Some photos Id have to redo. I tried some resizing myself last night and ended up messing them up.

Shanon,

I also build warships. Warships are great subjects. They entail more time, but theyre really worth it. Try out the Panda Arleigh Burke/Cole DDGs. At around P600 a pop those 1:350 kits even include PEs!
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 04:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Shanon

blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:49 PM UTC
Buck(Allan),

Hi! Do you know Pingoy Malay and Don Victorio? Are they still active? aside from them I still remember Desi Reyes, "Doc"Hermie and Jay Tison, I think I met him way back in Jojo Nicholas's wedding.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 05:09 PM UTC
Please retry sending them. It's [email protected] . Take note that it's "CA" not "COM"
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 10:58 PM UTC
I hope you guys won't mind if I keep butting in my question but Great Buck & any other IPMS members out there, when & where is the next contest/meeting of IPMS? Your site says Nov. 27 but Sunday is in Nov. 30. I'm quite confused right now really. I hope you can answer my question.
(++) (++) (++) (++)
buck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 02:32 AM UTC
Blitz,

Yup, theyre very much still active. Something tells me I know you myself. Adolf, is that you, man?

Jeepney,

I typed the right keys, but the link settings apparently are not. Im sooo not a tekkie. Hikbi!

I tried downsizing images last night by opening them up using Paint. Was somehow successful with that, but Im sending you sample images by yahoo anyway. Thanks!

Fritz,

No worries, mate. The contest is on November 30 starting 2pm. The webmaster must have gotten a bit confused. November 27 is Bert Anido's birthday. The venue is UP College of Fine Arts in Diliman. If you need directions on how to get there, drop me a line at [email protected] or [email protected]. Ill be more than glad to give them to you. Hope to see you there!
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 06:23 AM UTC
Nope, It's me Marny.. Just ask Ping and Don and they'll tell you most probably 'bout myself.. hey! great work on those aircrafts. Just give my regards to the guys..
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 04:35 PM UTC
Hello Fellow Modelers,

I have just been alerted to the existence of this group by some IPMS Philippines BAC colleagues and thought it a good idea that I join in and introduce myself.

In IPMS BAC circles I am known as Mr. Hunter or Hunter. Unfortunately that callsign is already taken here and since I also build rally cars I chose "fiawrc" for this forum.

I am one of the officers of IPMS Philippines Bert Anido Chapter and I was told that there may be a few amongst you who might be interested in joining our organization. Those of you who are familiar with the rules of IPMS (worldwide) know that to join the only real requirement is you must be a modeler or appreciate the hobby of plastic scale modeling.

I am a newbie here but please feel do not hesitate to ask me questions about IPMS BAC.

Thanks.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 05:13 PM UTC
More Elders! Things are looking up!

Welcome to our little cybertambayan Hunter aka fiawrc! Your experience and skill will be of great help to us newbies. Thank you for offering help regarding IPMS membership.

Stick around and explore the site!

_GOTOTOP