_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Buying Online
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2003 - 01:44 AM UTC
Anyone of you guys staying here in the Phil. buy stuffs online? Care to share your experiences? Balak ko kasi bumili ng kits and PE parts on the net. I need some advice. Where do you buy yours?
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2003 - 05:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyone of you guys staying here in the Phil. buy stuffs online? Care to share your experiences? Balak ko kasi bumili ng kits and PE parts on the net. I need some advice. Where do you buy yours?

There was a discussion 'bit' on this in one of the threads here, last I recall was that medyo sketchy mag-order nang kits online since the cost itself (with regards to boxed-kits) mahal since may TAX? ata na mai-impose or something. I'm really not sure as I haven't had any experience ordering anything online (takot ako sa credit-card fraud, since I know some people who've actually managed to pull it off). I do have some friends who are hooked on eBay and whatnot, but IIRC these sites aren't actualy online-stores so packages actually get shipped by people thru FedEx, etc. then again, baka ganun ren systema nila sa online-stores (hlj.com). My friends say that there's no issue naman daw when you order online, sometimes the shipping is incorporated into the price you're paying, and wala naman ata problem with regards to size and the tax na maiimpose? DAW, he's (my friend) tried having car-parts brought over pa nga eh.

IMO HLJ should have a pretty comprehensive list of kits and PE stuff for different types of modelers. Wow, PE stuff ha, big time.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2003 - 03:22 PM UTC
I agree with jomz considering models back there in the Philippines are cheaper.

though, I must admit 80 percent of the stuff i bought since we move here was bought online (EBAY, Mission Models..)
the best bet is to order stuff (resin, after market, books or conversion) from JMN . I mention that on another thread. Besides, if you convert the currency you'll almost end up with a little or less "good deal"
another thing - if you plan to purchase online just make sure it's a secure site, you have to be very careful with your credit card ... don't be a victim of a "credit card fraud"
by the way click on .."my gallery" .. just want to show you books and mags i bought from EBAY...
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2003 - 06:07 PM UTC
Actually,I tried ordering online (rare DC cd) kaso nga lang na-cancel sya since parang naglolokohan lang kami. Ang dami pang hinihingi kaya nainis ako at pinacancel ko na lang yung order. Thanks for the help guys!

As for the PE parts, I wanna try something different. I won't buy most of the time, sa mga fav kits lang.

blitz - Dami mong references a! As for me nabili lang ako ng mga piling FSM. Hirap makahanap sa mga shops dito eh. Or maybe I'll go out some more. BTW do you have pics of these kits in your mags?

T72 ODS ver
RAH-66
M2A2 ODS
AH-64
MLRS
AV-8B

If you do, can I have a scan of those particularly the markings, close up and interior shots? Thanks!
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 02:48 AM UTC
no problem Shonen... as soon as I sort them out I'll give you a list.. the FSM (all in all 87 issues-very good condition) was auctioned off three weeks ago by this lady sa EBay. She bought a house, the former owner was a modelmaker who past away, leaving behind a lot of books and reference materials.. so she posted all the stuff for almost a month (as in ganoon kadami yung books) I also took from her 10 binders(sort of a diary of Mr. Dewey) puros reference colours and comments on the kits he have built... and clippings of armor articles..i'll send some photos again
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 11:01 PM UTC
Thanks dude! I appreciate your help.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:39 AM UTC
hey SR by the way if you plan to buy something i might help you in that. my brother in law will be coming here for X'mas you guys might be interested ..
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 12:28 PM UTC
Future
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 12:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Future

pwede na ba isang box hehehe
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:16 PM UTC
Pwedeng-pwede. Tapos benta namin at 10 times the price hehehe
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Pwedeng-pwede. Tapos benta namin at 10 times the price hehehe

ahhhaaaa!!!!! on second thought ..... hehehehe jk! lang
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 02:54 PM UTC
Ano bang nandyan na mas mura compared dito (pwera Future)? Aftermarket parts or tools siguro. Check ko lang muna kung anong afford ko hehe. Thanks for the offer Marnie!
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:42 PM UTC
Anyway we have time pa naman there's this one store na minsan nag sa-sale sila...
okay to give you an idea i bought a 1/35th (resin) figures from Verlinden for $15. (what's the CAD exchange rate back there?) let say 35 pesos - so roughly ... P525 pesos...hindi ko alam kung mahal yun... pero whatever the price tag of the item..then that's what i am gonna charge you .. wala lang para may reason ako pumunta sa hobby shop..pero if something comes up (clearance sale or boxing day sale) i'll inform you.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:58 PM UTC
Uy ok kung may clearance sale! Interesado ako sa PE. Eduard or Aber pwede. Don't know for what kit yet though. Christmas is near so sana may sale nga. Thanks! (:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hey SR by the way if you plan to buy something i might help you in that. my brother in law will be coming here for X'mas you guys might be interested ..

That would be Harrier and more Harriers! No, seriously, find me any 1/24 Airfix Sea Harrier there and Tamiya's 1/48 AV-8B Harrier. No problem with the markings as long as it's the AV-8B.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:45 PM UTC
May Christmas wish list na ako: Grandt Line Rivets and Bolts
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 02:09 PM UTC
'ur in luck Jeepney.. I happen to have a sister in Concord, Ca. malapit lang sa kanila ang Grandt Line.. I wish I can go back home coz I know I still have a box full of those rivets and nuts & bolts .. anyway, I'll call my sister to ask her for those...I forgot what scale are those, since these are railroad parts...pero check with their website http://www.grandtline.com/
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 02:12 PM UTC
Yeba! Let me know magkano
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 01:42 PM UTC
Uh... may I pipe in as well, Blitz?

I'm looking for Gold Medal Models' Tamiya Yamato/Musashi PE set.
And Future.
And Grandt Line rivets and bolts.

Wait a minute, how will I repay you? If Jeep orders from you, may I include my payment with Jeeps?
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 01:53 PM UTC
Hmmm, good question, but first I have to check the prices and the availabitliy.. I can only assure you of the Grandt Line. And maybe a Minimum of 2 or 3 bottles of Future. I hope you guys can understand. Kung sana ako uuwi okay lang.. :-)
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 01:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmmm, good question, but first I have to check the prices and the availabitliy.. I can only assure you of the Grandt Line. And maybe a Minimum of 2 or 3 bottles of Future. I hope you guys can understand. Kung sana ako uuwi okay lang.. :-)

I don't think I'll be having a problem looking for the PE..
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 02:51 PM UTC
Is that 2 or 3 bottles of Future per person or 2 or 3 bottles only?

Don't worry, we understand.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 03:33 PM UTC
I think 1 bottle for each person is fair enough..
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 04:04 PM UTC
Ok! :-) Will be content with just one bottle actually. :-) I don't really know how large these things come.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 04:28 PM UTC
I think it's in a 1 Litre bottle, don't cha worry I'll check it 2morrow in the grocery.
 _GOTOTOP