_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What a good service!
blackfly
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 62 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:59 AM UTC
Hi all,

Just info on a bit of good fortune I had today. A while back I posted looking for info on how to go about getting a replacement part for a Heller kit I had purchased, only to find a major compnent was broken! I got a response from Crossbow ( btw, thanks Crossbow) providing a link to the Heller site. I sent off an e-mail through the site and never did recive a response. So, I pretty much back burnered the kit and started looking for a way to cast/make the damaged portion of the kit when I checked the mail and found, direct from France, the part I had requested. How's that for customer service! They may not make the "best" kits... but, by golly, the have a damn good customer service department! at 2.80 euros it was not cheep to get it to Canada. Vive la France! et Merci.

Just FYI.

Cheers!
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:23 AM UTC
It's nice to know that there are still companies that care about their customers.
Great news!
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 05:34 PM UTC
i dont believe that many companies act this way !!! good for you that got that piece
crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 1,387 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 07:55 PM UTC
Glad to have been of service sir

I've noticed that most model manufacturers lack in "communication" skills, but luckily they always seem to help us out some way or another.

Kris

greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 09:38 PM UTC
may i recommend pocketbond and accurate armour,
pocketbond are the uk importer for brands like afv club, alan, maquette etc.
my afv club achiles had some very large sink marks in the main hull parts, so i sent a letter to them asking for a replacement to be sent, i got it in 5 working days from sending the letter, with a pre payed envelope in case i ever neededto send another letter., around 4 days from order usually.
they are always happy to replace broken or misformed parts, and send replacements asap.

now try to get that level of service FROM SOME ONE LIKE TAMIYA/DML!
CHEERS
JE
excellent customer service

accurate armour, as well as offering excellent, unique products, also have the best order turn around time i know of
 _GOTOTOP