_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
what annoys you the most?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2003 - 06:45 AM UTC
I think having to use CA glue...you put the ltlle part on and your finger sticks and then the part comes off on your finger so you try tweezers and the part goes on crooked and the glue dries. I know everybody hates it, but over the years I've learned how to master Testor's good old model glue. It sticks stuff together and gives you enough time to make an adjustment before drying
dman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2003 - 08:33 AM UTC
When you labour hours on a detailed paintjob, like a face, and then when doing the last detail you accidently smudge something causing you to have to do the whole thing over again.
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2003 - 11:09 AM UTC
the one thing that p***es me off the most is the law of physics that says "the faint stickiness of your fingers will be more powerful than superglue" it can,t just happen to me can it? id also mention the carpet monster but he,ll come for me at night, spending an hour trying to sort out airbrushes,to do somthing that would take ten minutes to brush by hand.......why do i do this mad hobby?
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2003 - 11:19 AM UTC
when yr clubbing and the cute girl in front of you doesnt wanna go home with ya
that annoys me the most. #:-) after flirting making eye contact buying drinks.
they think its just cause yr nice YEAH right wehehehehe

ow and when parts dont fit or get lost brrrr
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 08:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

when yr clubbing and the cute girl in front of you doesnt wanna go home with ya

Well, get used to that my friend. I remember those days all too well.

Subject: what annoys you the most?...

I guess for me is longer time spent on the cleaning the airbrush than the actual painting. Oh, and having to get up for the beer. Only to discover that well, ahhhh, maybe I don't really need another beer.
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 04:30 PM UTC
I've got to go with getting reference that totaly contradicts what you've just labourously finished. Second is reading gripes about kits not having enough detail or not having been designed the way 'I' would have done. last would have to be Judging. I can never understand how one can judge accuracy when one knows nothing about what hes looking at . My specialty is IDF armour, Put A panzer 4 or challenger in front of me how the hell do I grade accuracy? My pet peeves.

Joshua weingarten
IDF Armour Group JAnitor
www.homestead.com/shiryon/index.html
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:34 AM UTC
mine would be taking a break for a 1/2 hour only to come back to find the wife's put it away with every book in the house on top of it! a budgie is a parakeet.
TUNA
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 449 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:48 AM UTC
When your halfway through getting a side of individual DML tracks on.. and the wife starts saying she want's help getting the kids to Bed!!!.. You try to explain that your in a delicate phase of the project.. but she don't understand!...

Tweezer Launch is very high up there... and as Chip stated.. cutting delicate parts that seem to be absorbed into the sprue!

Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 06:02 PM UTC
I totally agree with you about those teeny, tiny little pieces that go 'sproing' when cut off the sprue.
I really dislike those extremely thin and fragile pieces that are easily bent when removing them no matter how careful you are doing it.
Weebl
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
entire network: 32 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 06:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

For me its when you have a set of very small parts, i.e nuts and bolts, you know that if your not carefull when you cut it of the sprue it'll disappear over the horizon only to be devoured by the carpet monster. So you take your time and then right on the last one........
The carpet monster gets his ration!!!

The most annoying things for me are a: tweezer launch and b: when you've painted a kit and come back to look at it, it's full of hairs and dust!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 07:59 PM UTC
I HATE THE CARPET MONSTER, he is the worst by far, and when you are cutting of the little parts off the sprues (i use nail scissors) and one of them shoots off, and guess where it lands, somewhere on the carpet stupid carpet, im buying white slate tiles for my room #:-)
sphyrna
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 379 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 06:40 AM UTC
Still don't know what a budgie is

New pet peeve- all these great sales at Hobby Lobby, and there isn't a Hobby Lobby on Long Island!!

Peter
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 06:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I HATE THE CARPET MONSTER, he is the worst by far, and when you are cutting of the little parts off the sprues (i use nail scissors) and one of them shoots off, and guess where it lands, somewhere on the carpet stupid carpet, im buying white slate tiles for my room #:-)

i have thought about applying a small scrap of masking tape to potental projectiles,so they would be easier to find
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 07:03 AM UTC
Behold, a BUDGIE...

Kevin, In my somewhat vast beer drinking experience I find it is much more annoying to get up to fetch another beer and finding out that you don't have anymore, not that you don't need anymore...

Hick.

Shaun
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 07:42 AM UTC
ANNOIANCE,
When model companys kit the same model in plastic, and call it something else that really isn't accurately the said subject. But since its cloe to the origonal model they det the most bang for the buck in releasing it under a different type.
I know this all has to do w/ economics and the cost involved for tooling but ........come on, any informed modeller worth his savy knows the real deal!!!! So we are left to correct,modify,replace,fix,look for alternate sources of materials to fix the production faults of said kit.
But hey I can say I have baught plenty of the same kit, from different manufactures, to build different types of models. Hence my biggest model has to be the current BLACKHAWK kits from Minicraft and Revell. I think I have a total of 15 Blackhawk kits for future model projects. THE FOX
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 08:01 AM UTC
Kids in my hobby room

CA glue on my fingers

and

a combination of the above
 _GOTOTOP