TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Tired of Waiting!
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 06:30 AM UTC
I hope that many of my fellow armorama members have had the privilege to see the best movie of all time...BLACK HAWK DOWN. It ranks right up there with Saving Private Ryan and some other favorite war movies of mine. But I am tired of waiting for it to be released on vhs and dvd. It's coming out on June 11, 2002. I'm glad it's almost out! :-) I'm upset though that i didn't win very many oscars. I don't even think that it was nominated for best movie. That doesn't matter though, it's still the best movie ever! I hope anyone who hasn't seen it buys or rents it when it comes out.

Mark
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 06:49 AM UTC
I didn't get a chance to see it in the theaters, but it'll be a high priority to see when it's released on video.
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 06:55 AM UTC
Glad you're gonna see it. It's worth your time.

Mark
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 07:25 AM UTC
BHD was excellent spike. Saw it twice in the theatre. As I posted on this site when it first came out, it gave me back confidence in our present day fighting men.
I'm glad you're excited about it.

Tread.

BTW, do you have any info regarding the release date of the HBO series 'Band of Brother's'?
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 07:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW, do you have any info regarding the release date of the HBO series 'Band of Brother's'?

That was great too. I remember watching it every sunday night when it was on. I didn't even know it was coming out on video. I'll look into for yo.u

Mark
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 08:18 AM UTC
I most certainly am awaiting the VHS release too. I missed out on the theater showing. Thanks for the heads-up Spike!

Tread, B.O.B. will be released in the fall. The DVD and VHS release is set for Fall 2002 in a special Box Set.

This comes from one of several BoB sites out there. This particular one even has merchandice from the movie/series that you can purchase. Go figure...

Dreamworks SKG Fansite
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 08:18 AM UTC
ive been waiting to add harts war to my dvd collection
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 08:22 AM UTC
I just recently purchased Behind Enemy Lines on DVD.
Thanks for the update on the BoB release. I tried to tape them but I didn't have enough tapes so I had to record over so I only have the last one or two episodes.

Mark
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 06:56 AM UTC
thanks for the heads up on B O B.thats another one ill have to add to my collection
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 07:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I most certainly am awaiting the VHS release too. I missed out on the theater showing. Thanks for the heads-up Spike!

Tread, B.O.B. will be released in the fall. The DVD and VHS release is set for Fall 2002 in a special Box Set.

This comes from one of several BoB sites out there. This particular one even has merchandice from the movie/series that you can purchase. Go figure...

Dreamworks SKG Fansite

Many thanks all for the BoB update. I don't have the words to describe how much I like that series. It truly was visual history. I can only be forever grateful to the Spielberg/Hanks team for their efforts.
Sourkraut. I too liked 'Hart's War'. It didn't receive much praise or box office tickertape here in the States (but then, neither did 'Behind Enemy Lines'). But I will also be buying the DVD when it comes out.
I just recently purchased the DVD release of 'the Eagle has landed' with Michael Caine. I loved that film when it first came out. Again, it didn't do well in the theatre's first time out, but I am still very glad they made it!

Tread.

P.S. Even though it was a bit melodramatic, I just loved when Hart came back to the Stalag to face the Camp Commandant. The emotions, and the belief system 'stew' that was boiling there in the intense cold of the german night, came to a rather piognant end don't you think?
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 08:01 AM UTC
Oh....sorry for the above 'qoute' Kenc'....I just couldn't pass up the opportunity of re-posting a pic of Band of Brother's....