_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Plans
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 04:20 AM UTC
As some of you know..I'm a Drafter. I've thought about offering some plans of the M-149 "Water Buffalo" tank trailer & M-105 1 1/2 ton Cargo Trailer. I'm wondering if people would be willing to Pay for the plans along with a CD of Reference Images and a list of Materials needed?

Any thought would be Appreciated.
capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 860 Posts
KitMaker Network: 340 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 04:24 PM UTC
If that was what I wanted to build and There wasn't a decent kit readily available, I would indeed be willing to purchase CD, etc. The operating words are 'wanted to build' . Otherwise I would just make it available if YOU wanted to offer it to the model public because you wanted to. It is such a tough problem. How much to give of ourselves and talents? Artists have been struggling with this problem for a long time. Anyway, I would suggest going ahead and see what happens. It would be worse to look back and so to yourself " I really wanted to do that...but..." Hope it helps
capnjock
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:47 AM UTC
well count me in for a set...let me know what you'll charge and do you take requests
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:52 AM UTC
I think it might be fairly lucrative, add some more plnas for other things and you could get a fairly nice.R.O.I.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:56 AM UTC
Matt - I would be interested because I collect that type of information on US Equipment. But, it's considered a niche market - I'm not sure how many other people would be interested in it. Tastes and interests vary wildly in the hobby.

Gunnie
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:55 PM UTC
The reason I chose those subjects is.......I've got "free" access to them @ the local armory.
Nopt to mention the fact there are no kits of them either.......
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 12:37 PM UTC
I'll bite...count me in. Maybe what you should do is, on the initial offer, test the waters with a few sets. Then, let the builders show their wares on the site. Kinda like a quiet silent build campaign... (This would help gain interest in the project) then set a final price and there you go. Cornered the market (with alittle help from your friends)

Where do I send the check?

kglack
 _GOTOTOP