Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Something to be Learned Here
Magpie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 140 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 10:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There is no ridicule here.

That's the other thing with issue such as this, we each tend to see what we want to see.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 11:28 PM UTC
Let me make a quick point. Out of all of the other children, Kevin is likely the most patriotic. He exercises his right to sit, instead of stand. This probably means more to the soldier than if a entire school stood. We must exercise our rights or risk loosing them. That is what the soldier fights for.
Magpie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 11:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Let me make a quick point. Out of all of the other children, Kevin is likely the most patriotic. He exercises his right to sit, instead of stand. This probably means more to the soldier than if a entire school stood. We must exercise our rights or risk loosing them. That is what the soldier fights for.

OK so what is the point of the cartoon then?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 11:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That's for you to decide.
Magpie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 11:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

But I thought it was about patriotism but your saying that the most devout patriot is the one sitting down and the soldier, who surrendered his rights (to what?), is most impressed by his actions, however the teacher is singling him out for a lesson on reconsidering his stance on being patriotic but she's not talking to the unpatriotic ones who are standing up with their hands on their hearts.

.... NOW I am confused
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 - 01:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

But I thought it was about patriotism but your saying that the most devout patriot is the one sitting down and the soldier, who surrendered his rights (to what?), is most impressed by his actions, however the teacher is singling him out for a lesson on reconsidering his stance on being patriotic but she's not talking to the unpatriotic ones who are standing up with their hands on their hearts.

.... NOW I am confused

I won't coment any further on this subject. If you are confused then it is because you ask too many questions and do too little inflection.
Magpie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 - 01:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I won't coment any further on this subject. If you are confused then it is because you ask too many questions and do too little inflection.

There is no need for a personal slight.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 - 02:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

There is no need for a personal slight.

That wasn't intended to be a slight. If you can't figure it out, you need to do some inflection. That's the point of this thread. Everybody will come to a different conclusion. I posted this as a prelude to Veteran's Day(in the US). What better way to honor our armed forces than to get people around the world to reflect on patriotism? I can't spell it out for you. You have to do this on your own.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 - 04:24 AM UTC
Scott you have your beliefs and Matt has his, leave it at that please.
jakes357
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 254 Posts
KitMaker Network: 79 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 - 03:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quite interestng matter

In my opinion Kevin, being a citizen of a democracy, has the right to disagree with the government choices which have sent the soldier in a foreign conflict where he has lost his ability to walk, but probably he should show more respect to a man who has lost his ability because of his fidelity to the democratic regime.

It would be very different, in my opinion, if the soldier were wounded to defend the country against a threats (internal or foreign) which was attempting to suppress democracy.
In this case Kevin, being a citizen of a democracy regime which has been defended by the soldier, should be probably totally respectful. Yes, of course, he should be unless he doesn't agree with democratic rules, but that would be another matter

Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of ,the United States of America is a constitutional republic NOT a democracy. There is a difference, no matter what our media or anyone else would have you believe.
Off subject from the cartoon, but a clarification that is/was needed.
Thanks for listening to my $.02 worth
Jake
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 3,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 209 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 - 07:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quite interestng matter

In my opinion Kevin, being a citizen of a democracy, has the right to disagree with the government choices which have sent the soldier in a foreign conflict where he has lost his ability to walk, but probably he should show more respect to a man who has lost his ability because of his fidelity to the democratic regime.

It would be very different, in my opinion, if the soldier were wounded to defend the country against a threats (internal or foreign) which was attempting to suppress democracy.
In this case Kevin, being a citizen of a democracy regime which has been defended by the soldier, should be probably totally respectful. Yes, of course, he should be unless he doesn't agree with democratic rules, but that would be another matter

Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of ,the United States of America is a constitutional republic NOT a democracy. There is a difference, no matter what our media or anyone else would have you believe.
Off subject from the cartoon, but a clarification that is/was needed.
Thanks for listening to my $.02 worth
Jake

What are the differences? I wrote democracy because American people can elect their government. I would have said that also England is a democracy even if is a constitutional monarchy
Removed by original poster on 11/15/11 - 09:26:42 (GMT).
Magpie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Scott you have your beliefs and Matt has his, leave it at that please.

Sure no problem, perhaps in the interests of the forums remaining apolitical we should all leave it at that?