_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
One Model
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 02:02 PM UTC
If you could have any one model, cost and manufacter date not withstanding, what and why would it be? I want the resin Buffalo by Vajsra. My dad served in the eod for two tours and this would be a tribute to him.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 03:46 PM UTC
Trumpeter P-47D, 1/32 scale, or the Hasegawa 1/350 Gambier Bay. Both outside both my price (and skill) range, but I'd love either one.
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 894 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 08:44 AM UTC
the Revell 1:72 Flower class corvette, with all the replacement sets from Great Little Ships, which basically means everything gets replaced except for the hull. Costs a fortune, takes a century to build. Maybe one day.....
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 686 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 09:59 AM UTC

I'd have to go for one of the new Accurate Armour Fodens, or Their Mighty Antar, out of my price range, and ability level...., we can but dream.

Jason
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 12:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

the Revell 1:72 Flower class corvette, with all the replacement sets from Great Little Ships, which basically means everything gets replaced except for the hull. Costs a fortune, takes a century to build. Maybe one day.....

Good choice. I've one that I plan on keeping me busy for the winter. Will probably only replace the weapons sets. Had considered doing as a Kriegsmarine version with loads of AAA but it would be too much scratch building.

If I didn't have to worry about expense the one existing model I'd love is the Accurate Armor Coyote

It just looks the business!

SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 01:10 AM UTC
I had to give this one some thought, the Revell Corvette sounds inviting, a 1/24 scale Mosquito sounds inviting. But after some thought, my choice would be the Wingnuts 1/32 Gotha. I think I would be afraid to build it if I had it, afraid of screwing it up. But yes, that would be my choice.

TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 12:04 PM UTC
Another Soar Art 1/35th scale Dora railgun.And the decals.
Middle_Franconian
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
entire network: 279 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 07:58 PM UTC
PJ Production 1:48 Alpha Jet A in Luftwaffe markings. That would be my choice. But a little bit pricy
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 10:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you could have any one model, cost and manufacter date not withstanding, what and why would it be? I want the resin Buffalo by Vajsra. My dad served in the eod for two tours and this would be a tribute to him.

I too would like to have that model and the Cougar MRAP that was put out by Cromwell models a few years back. I work for the company that builds these vehicles, so I would like to have them on my shelf.
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 10:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Good choice. I've one that I plan on keeping me busy for the winter. Will probably only replace the weapons sets. Had considered doing as a Kriegsmarine version with loads of AAA but it would be too much scratch building.

If I didn't have to worry about expense the one existing model I'd love is the Accurate Armor Coyote

It just looks the business!

These things are all Business! I've seen a couple running around here at the base I'm at in Afghanistan. It caught me off guard or I would have got a couple pics of it!
 _GOTOTOP